robcrawshawphoto

Property photography before and after

Though now becoming less common, in the past estate agents have been known to produce some pretty poor photography for their property listings. Whether it's wonky composition, exposing for the windows leaving a dark and dingy interior, lack of depth or an ultra wide angle resulting in an unnatural view of the space, it's not flattering to the property and space and could either turn off potential buyers from enquiring further or they could feel deceived when it comes to viewing the property.

I was recently commissioned by a family who were unhappy with the photography they had received as part of their agents service. Despite being promised great things by the agent, the images just did not do the property justice and made the rooms feel small, dark and uninviting.

Below is a small selection of a few of the images provided by the agent vs the images I provided so you can see the difference they make to the overall appeal of the space. As you will see, only some small changes to the composition improve the image dramatically, then it's a case of getting the lighting and colour correct.

Since my images went online for the vendors, viewings are on the rise and they are looking forward to securing a sale in the very near future.

Before dining room:

After dining room:

Effingham Road · Mer info

Before entry way:

After entry way:

Before bathroom:

After bathroom:

Before kitchen:

After kitchen:

Kommentarer (6)

• User
    7 år sedan

Makes a huge difference. We had our photos done professionally and sold our house in 10 days!

• PRO
    CamEditing
    7 år sedan

It makes such a big difference to use a "real" photographer compared to use some one that just bought a digital camera. I my self have been working long time with this type of photography, seen many so called photographers come and go since they dont really know what they are doing. I am happy to se you show before and after, this might change the mind of people on how it should look and also make them think whom to let in to the home to take the photos. But at the same time, not all work is done in the camera, there is lots of job after to, editing the photos to color correct, sharpen, lighten and so on... that is what I am doing right now, starting a business that will help support youth in Cambodia as a project and at the same time offering top quality editing for photographers that feel the time is not enough and that rather spend time with there family and friends in the evening after a long day shooting then edit all photos all night long.

• mudsi
    7 år sedan

The difference is incredible!!

Rob Crawshaw Photo thanked mudsi
  • nikiklee
    7 år sedan
    wow! I've never thought of using a dedicated photographer. last time we tried to sell our house, the photos were terrible. This post just convinced me of the way forward!
  • PRO
    Rob Crawshaw Photo
    Författare
    7 år sedan

In the internet age we live in, it's definitely worth investing so that you stand out and get seen.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.