eee_gee

Help for office/guestroom/craftroom...oh and it's small!

Erin G
9 år sedan
Have a room about 11'x11' which needs to serve as a main office space with two monitors, occasional guestroom and craft room - both sewing and paper projects. Not sure how to set the room up (see photos--it's serving as a junk room!!), have some built in shelving, using the closet space already, and have a queen bed. Happy to get a sleeper sofa and since I work in tech, the room needs to be set up so I can video conference. Thanks in advance houzz family!

Kommentarer (8)

• Erin G
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Like the London Loft - great inspiration here.
  • decoenthusiaste
    9 år sedan
    In such small quarters, a Murphy bed is the answer.
    Siena Collection White Home Office With Wall Bed by Valet Custom Cabinets & Clos · Mer info

Siena Collection White Home Office With Wall Bed by Valet Custom Cabinets & Clos · Mer info
  • PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    9 år sedan
    The London apartment is really great looking and you could wrap the work space around as in the SF home office if you wanted. How are you using the closet right now?
  • Erin G
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    We looked into a murphy bed but they are costly (over $3,200) and the material wasn't all that great. I do like the idea of all that storage.

Since our condo isn't that large (~1100sqft), all our closets are crammed! The closet in that room is currently holding my husband's racing leathers for the track (sport motorcycles), helmets, some off season boots, ski/snowboard clothing, my sewing machine, and who knows what else. Storage is in high demand around here.

What were your thoughts around the closet?
  • PRO
    Design Construction Consulting
    9 år sedan
    How about a new foam sleeper sofa? They are much more comfy than the old ones and would free up a ton of space you could also build in bookshelves around the sofa and add storage. You can purchase ski and snowboard holders and put on the walls to free up closet space, and show off your sports equipment.
    Erin G thanked Design Construction Consulting
  • PRO
    Design Construction Consulting
    9 år sedan
    Ikea may have the perfect couch for you at very little cost.
  • JO
    9 år sedan
    Recently I came across a cute red small sofa (3ft) makes into a single bed. I thought two of them could be used instead of the bed. I made a huge mistake buying a daybed with pull out mattress in the drawer in the bottom. Cumbersome, too heavy to move and instead of opening up the small bedroom/office for me, it has become an eyesore. One person slept in it and told me it was not comfortable.
    Erin G thanked JO
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.