kcjaros

Remodel

kcjaros
8 år sedan

We are remodeling our master bath and bedroom in our 35 year old house and of course the domino effect has happened. We are trying to decide which of the following will get us the most "bang for our buck". Please advise on what the most and desirable thing would be, as we always try to keep in mind that we may sell one day in the near future.

1. Add wood floors in master and walk in closet (which would be a continuation of hardwood from hallway) or carpet bedroom?

2.Restain hardwood floors darker for our current wood floors ( golden oak now) . This would include upstairs hall, stairs, dining room and kitchen and family room. They are a golden oak now.

3. Add powder bath to downstairs and make the only bathroom downstairs an ensuite. By doing this , we would have a 5 bedroom 3 and 1/2 bath

4. Wainscot the downstairs entry and dining room

5. Add new front doors as ours are a bit warped.

6. Add new windows in front as most are single pane. We already added new windows in the rear of our house.

Thank you for your input.

KC

Kommentarer (7)

• PRO
    American Building Concepts
    8 år sedan

If all you are concerned about is sale value: 3,5,6.

• kcjaros
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you for your input. Of course, I want to darken the hardwood and put in wainscot!

• smit2380
    8 år sedan

i am unclear on 1. Are you wanting to add hardwoods to your master bath? If so, I think that is not a good idea. Water and steam can be hard on hardwood flooring. Agree with American Building Concepts.

kcjaros thanked smit2380
  • User
    8 år sedan

All of your projects but the door replacement will be money losers. They will cost you more than you will recoup in value added to the home. You either spend money on them because you will get enjoyment from them, and justify that expense by your personal enjoyment, or you skip them because you are selling imminently.

• PRO
    MARK IV Builders, Inc
    8 år sedan

If these are all projects you plan to complete eventually, remember there is an economy of scale to having all the work done at once. If you choose one or two projects a year, the overall cost for everything will be higher in the long run.

• kcjaros
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you all for your wisdom.

To Smit...the wood floors would be in the master bedroom, not bath.

I think I knew the answer, but having a hard time choosing.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.