jeanne_mulder

HELP - disaster sloped back yard

Jeanne
8 år sedan

I have posted this on the general dilemma page but as a first time user not too clued up on this so posting it in this section again. Hope it won't be an issue. If anyone likes to solve challenges, I have loads of disaster areas that I need help with as I have been trying to do something for about 5 years now and only make it worse......

disaster garden /yard · Mer info

Thought I would dig out a bit more to create more ground level space / grass bur not even a 10th of the way through and don't know what to do next. Any help on design, ideas on what can be done will be greatly appreciated. How do I transform this junk yard into something I can appreciate. The top building is an outhouse, very small with no windows but not worried about that for now. I would love to look at my back yard and love it.

Kommentarer (4)

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    8 år sedan

Jeanne, this situation appears to me to be one where you would be best served and receive the most benefit from an onsite visit and discussion with a professional designer/consultant. An online forum, even with input from the few professionals that post here, is just not prepared or qualified to provide the sort of information and assistance you need, even with more detailed photos. Earth movement and grading, drainage and the safe and stable retention of hillsides and slopes are all pretty technical aspects of landscape design that require expertise to address successfully and that is best accomplished by someone with the proper qualifications seeing it in person and with a first-hand familiarity of the location, climate and soil conditions.

Jeanne thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • PRO
    Yardvaark
    8 år sedan

I "second" what Gardengal said and will add that in order to transform the junkyard into something you can appreciate, you might get rid of the the junk. I'm sure in all that stuff there are many things that will never be used. I would be better to have it gone.

If you are presently working off of a plan, you could post that plan here to see if anyone sees pitfalls in it. If you are not working off of a plan, you should be. I would not undertake such a complicated endeavor with no actual plan.

Jeanne thanked Yardvaark
  • PRO
    Linda Greenberg Landscape & Design, LLC
    8 år sedan

I have been a professional landscape designer for over 20 years and highly recommend that you seek out a one on one consultation/design that quite possible will not only give you great ideas, but will create a most incredible garden space that can be enjoyed for many years to come.

Linda Greenberg, APLD

704-995-7173

linda@lglandscapes.net

• Mike McGarvey
    8 år sedan

It looks as if you are trying to do too many things at once and not completing any one of them. As stated above, get help. You're over your head. A good pro will get your priorities in order.....Hopefully before any substantial rain.

I see you're not afraid of a shovel and hard work. ;-)

Mike

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.