flowerpatch48

Need help with foundation planting around new church bldg.

flowerpatch48
8 år sedan

Our church has been established 5yrs. and now we need foundation plantings around church....would like advice on shrubs etc. that requires little maintenance. HELP!

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Linda Greenberg Landscape & Design, LLC
    8 år sedan

As a professional landscape designer, I highly encourage planting low maintenance, drought tolerant plant materials that once established will require very little time. Begin with keeping the scale of the design in mind - how tall is the structure? Then add a few evergreen small trees or large shrubs and tier plantings of a combination of evergreen and deciduous shrubs that will bring year round texture, form, color and fragrance. Also begin with a good soil preparation and top with shredded hardwood mulch after planting. I prefer a plant specific fertilizer along with mycorrhizae enriched amendments in the soil.

Keep in mind what the garden will look like at completion, in three, five and twenty years from now. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish...most plant materials that are inexpensive is because they grow fast and will cost you more to maintain them with pruning and such.

Happy Gardening,
    Linda Greenberg, APLD

704-995-7173

linda@lglandscapes.net

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.