hmpatx

Shutter - cream or black?

hmpatx
7 år sedan

help. Please note the front doors will be stained probably in dark walnut.

cream
black

Kommentarer (21)

• User
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Is there another choice? I voted cream by default because I don't like black shutters. They would look good as well, but so would some muted color. Terracotta?

• hmpatx
    Författare
    7 år sedan

hi, terracotta looks like a great option BUT I would not want to introduce yet another color to the scheme. wanted to stay monochromatic. so why don't you like black?

• User
    7 år sedan

It's over used and depressing. The fall back color that everyone chooses. I do like the cream however. I think that would look sharp and welcoming.

• hmpatx
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks Rollinggirl! I agree on black being over used and a bit depressing. I do see why people choose it which is also the reason why its one of my option in the first place - because its a neutral and you cant go wrong as far as color palette is concern. I do like to make the house inviting as oppose to dark and gloomy.

• User
    7 år sedan

You're welcome. Just being honest.

• carrolltf
    7 år sedan
    I vote NO shutters...they are too small for the windows. The house would be gorgeous without them.
  • User
    7 år sedan

@carrolltf has a valid point, they really aren't needed. It's a great looking house on it's own.

• lefty47
    7 år sedan

HI -- No shutters .... continue the stone trim instead !

• ecpt
    7 år sedan

None.

• Theresa Holt
    7 år sedan
    N
  • Theresa Holt
    7 år sedan
    Sorry about that... cat help. No shutters. stone as suggested before.
  • hmpatx
    Författare
    7 år sedan

thanks Everyone! how do I continue the stone trim? meaning all around the windows? I think its too late at this point. so my option is shutters or no shutters.

• User
    7 år sedan

I voted black because the window trim is black.

• dacotam
    7 år sedan
    I vote no shutters. IMO they should only be used on homes when they are functioning shutters.
  • Eileen Spall
    7 år sedan
    No shutters.
  • User
    7 år sedan

I would still leave it without shutters. It doesn't need anything more. The sills and trim above the window frame it nicely. Why don't you wait until you have something on the interior to decide. They will look completely different when the house is occupied.

• PRO
    Kellie Sabey Homes
    7 år sedan

Another vote for cream shutters as I think it softens the impact of the house and makes it look welcoming and fresh. I think the black makes it look a bit harsh but I also think that it would look nice without shutters at all. I hope that helps.

• Maureen
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I wouldn't use shutters on this style of house - could make it too busy and also due to the shape and positioning of the windows. Once you have landscaping, it will warm up the front.

• PRO
    Intex Design and Construction
    7 år sedan

Looks great, we agree with those above, the stone trim looks good.

• Jane Slaton
    7 år sedan

I vote no shutters - they are too small and busy on the house. Once the landscaping is in the home will look great.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.