cheddarmum

Kitchen window treatment

cheddarmum
7 år sedan
Just relocated our kitchen. Have 2 original window seats with large sash Windows. Do I reinstall shutters or Roman blinds? As can see from photos- it's a pale grey palette with blue island

Kommentarer (20)

• cheddarmum
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Here's a shot from Windows
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    7 år sedan
    Wow ! It looks lush !!! I'd go for same blue as island Romans if it was me !
  • Sue Kelly
    7 år sedan
    Lovely kitchen shutters all the way for me I've just had them they look fantastic
  • judith_dickinson0
    7 år sedan

Shutters for me too

• Carolina
    7 år sedan
    I wouldn't do shutters here. Too many lines crossing. I'd go for light coloured Roman blinds. Beautiful space and kitchen!
  • msclelluk
    7 år sedan
    For me it depends where the light is coming from - if the light is from the top of the window go for cafe shutters - if not go for Roman blinds. Good luck - Gorgeous kitchen!
  • Daisy England
    7 år sedan
    Roman blinds for me.
  • Victoria
    7 år sedan
    Do you need privacy? Will you ever close whatever you put up?
  • PRO
    Reptile
    7 år sedan

Shutters every time - especially if you already have them. Just paint them that lovely blue and they will set those lovely windows off. Great at keeping the kitchen warm on Winter nights too.

• Carolina
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Oh, hold on... You mean solid shutters, not the plantation type ones. Hmm... Still vote for Roman blinds to add some softness.

If you don't need them for privacy, (semi) sheer ones will be lovely.

LIVING ROOM · Mer info
    Notting Hill Living room · Mer info

• Coco
    7 år sedan

I would go for translucent roman blinds.

• cheddarmum
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Thanks for the comments. They don't need to be closed for privacy as very high and we have large, private front garden. However, as very old sash Windows they can be cold in winter. Shutters would perhaps not be closed? I like the idea of the clear Roman blinds though. Maybe I should recover window seats in the island blue, or add some cushions?
  • E D
    7 år sedan
    Yes, add cushions.
    Also, your kitchen is truly beautiful but perhaps it could do with some colour accents.
    Some bright yellow maybe?
  • pannacotta
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Some patterned, interlined roman blinds would look great, to add warmth in winter and some colour too.

Voyage and Romo fabrics worth a look, patterned but modern too. And you don't need much fabric for blinds so could go for something fancy.

Lovely kitchen.

• Victoria
    7 år sedan
    If draughty you could have thermal interlined Roman blinds to help keep it cosy in winter. You could have lightweight, more sheer ones in summer and just change the fabric for winter. They are easy to restring and the fabric usually attaches to the top baton using Velcro.
  • PRO
    Julie Sinclair Interiors
    7 år sedan
    I am a huge fan of shutters, but you couldn't appreciate those lovely Georgian style windows if you chose that option. Definitely some smart Roman blinds in a light fabric but probably trimmed with a darker blue to suggest a nod to your island colour.
  • cheddarmum
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    This gives a better impression of the light. Does anyone know of a fabric that is a good colour match to Stiffkey Blue?
  • PRO
    Wood Window Alliance
    7 år sedan

Shutters for me - Roman blinds would obscure the top of the windows - they're fiddly, too.

• cheddarmum
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Malcolm thank you! I love the big comfy seat and cushions - it's finding that perfect fabric combination ... Roman blinds on the outside I hadn't thought of - but would be a better width maybe.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.