sjtpilot

Bathroom mirror

Sophie
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:7 år sedan

Hello Houzzers!

I'd like some advice on a bathroom mirror please! I have a small apartment and have just renovated my bathroom as per the pics below. I'm really happy with how it looks but still need to put in a vanity mirror which is where I'd like some help.

Initially I was going to go for a mirror all the way to the ceiling to make the bathroom look bigger but now that the walls are done, I really love the tiles and am reluctant to hide them! My current idea is to go with a plain square mirror with a bevelled edge the width of the vanity and high enough to see the top of a tall person's head. But I'm also wondering if I should go with more of a "feature". If the latter - what would look good here.

I am so lacking in creativity and have difficulty visualising what something would look like so some advice like style, shape, size and edging (bevelled, flat, etc) would be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Sophie

(The second picture is taken from inside the shower so reflections are from the shower screen)

Kommentarer (10)

• girlguides
    7 år sedan
    I think you've been very creative with your bathroom. I'd go with simple Large mirror same width as vanity starting say 300mmhigh Anor vanity and up to say same height as too window eg about 2100. They always look sensational
    Sophie thanked girlguides
  • KK1000
    7 år sedan
    Yeah what she said, but if you planed it properly you could of have just one row of tiles above vanity and mirror above that so you don't have to ruin the tiles.
  • Gallifrey
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Your bathroom looks great. We decided to go for mirrors that hang from the wall and in a timber frame. Bit different for the standard ones supplied by the shower screen people. Also, easier to replace when you want a change. Photos of the ones we used below.

Ps. Tiling the whole wall is a good move. Will allow more options.

• PRO
    Cordony Group
    7 år sedan

A large mirror makes a statement and also doubles as an extra cabinet. Timeless and sleek too! Hope our properties inspire you:

Mabel Street Willoughby · Mer info

Griffin Place, Glebe · Mer info
    40 Elgin Street Gordon · Mer info

Sophie thanked Cordony Group
  • PRO
    Ella Kate Thrupp
    7 år sedan

What about a round hanging mirror for a touch of added interest? Otherwise a nice, large and simple rectangular mirror never hurts with an already beautiful bathroom!

Sophie thanked Ella Kate Thrupp
  • PRO
    Kat Monares
    7 år sedan

What a beautiful bathroom! Definitely go for a round/oval mirror - just to change up all the shapes in the space already!

Sophie thanked Kat Monares
  • dunchie
    7 år sedan
    I would use a mirrored cabinet - you can never have too much storage. I hate having my toothbrushes, deodorants etc on show.
    Sophie thanked dunchie
  • PRO
    hungerford+edmunds architects
    7 år sedan

All good options. Another choice is to extend the mirror around the corner - can be combined with storage. And don't worry about hiding the tiles - they will be reflected in the mirror!

Woollahra Terrace · Mer info

Sophie thanked hungerford+edmunds architects
  • Sophie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thank you so much everyone for all the fantastic ideas. I'm glad I posted here. Your pictures all look amazing too.

I never considered a mirrored cabinet at first - I didn't think they looked as sophisticated! But the drawers just don't provide enough storage and I think I will go with that - it will satisfy my desire for a large mirror too!

I love the "round the corner" idea for getting a good view of my hair dos!

Thanks again everyone :-)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.