italiangal001

So far....my new house :) FRONT VIEW - A bit of advice needed please..

Italian Girl
7 år sedan

Still no where near finished!!!

Back view is much nicer....but I will wait until it's closer to being finished to take a photo and show you all.

This is NOT the colour - It's only the under coat of the acrylic render....the actual colour is finished on top of the garage if you can see it in the photo. It's called Dulux Colorbond Dune. Can't wait for the rest of the house to be rendered to get rid of those orange bricks and that cement look!!!

I'm just wondering if I could get your opinion on what colour to do the aluminium slats that will be going across the fence? Some say I should go dark like the roof (Monument) but I'm thinking to match it to the windows and do the colour 'Surfmist' which is like a white colour (light grey, looks white)

Same as garage? What colour?? and should I do an Alucobond garage door?

Thanks all :)

Kommentarer (49)

• robandlyn
    7 år sedan

I would do the fence dark.

• Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Hmmmmmm dark really?? I thought light colour slats would look nicer. Now I'm confused again!!!! haha Arrrghhhhhh!!

• hagan_38
    7 år sedan
    Definitely monument fence. Could go either colour for garage ie. monument or surf mist. Do you have a preference?
    Italian Girl thanked hagan_38
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

I wanted to do surfmist slats not monument...as for the garage door, alucobond is my preference, but it's so much more expensive than just a 'normal' garage door. If i was to do normal garage door, I'd want surfmist too

• LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    Basalt will be timeless wheras Monument I believe will eventually fall out of favour. Colorbond Dune should look great.
  • antonia_d
    7 år sedan
    I prefer the darker slats for the fence. Which colour do you like from the alucobond range for the garage? Would you consider a timber look garage to compliment your front door?
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks guys...antonia_d nope, I would not get wooden door, i actually hate the look of timber, i only did the front door like that to please hubby.

brixnmorta...WOW thanks for those photos...definitely LOVE the 1st one :) Thank you!!

• hagan_38
    7 år sedan
    What about the rendering on the fence in monument to tie in with the roof and the slats and garage door in surf mist?
    Italian Girl thanked hagan_38
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Ummm no way hagan_38!!!

• Luke Buckle
    7 år sedan

I think that render could look good too. What dont you like about the idea?

Italian Girl thanked Luke Buckle
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

The render will all be the same colour, in the colorbond dune colour...not gonna change colours in the render from the house to the fense..if i was, i would go 200% rather than 100%, but would never go a different colour - that's just wrong, i reckon

• LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    On another point, some well placed trees would help break up the bulk of the building nicely.
  • Debbie Fisher
    7 år sedan

Gee we create on going work for ourselves. Painters must love the trend of rendering over brick. Years ago they just built a brick home and there was no on going costs to paint and repaint. It was low maintenances forever.

Don't get me wrong we just rendered our 1980's brick home and I love it, but the first thing a friend said to me is now you hav created an ongoing need to paint and in time repaint.

Personaly I like the basalt and agree, timeless.

Italian Girl thanked Debbie Fisher
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Acrylic render is different to normal render - the paint goes in to the render so no need for painters ;) and you don't have to paint it every 10-15 years , it lasts forever :) A lot more expensive, but well worth paying for it

• LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    Interesting product - just looked it up.
    Italian Girl thanked LesleyH
  • John Henson
    7 år sedan
    I'm a sand render and paint person myself. How many people do you know that paint their house more than every 15 years or more and it can be repaired. Acrylic render fades as does paint but when you patch where the trailer has just gouged the side wall, the new patch is very noticeable. With paint you can cover only from corner to corner and let the different reflection of light cover the slight colour difference(or even change the colour completely). As always each to their own and everything has pros and cons.
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Yep, acrylic render is the best Lesley H :) More in cost than normal render but it is well worth it seeing you never have to paint the house ever again as the paint is in the actual render ;) Looks soo good too, especially if you get the crystal finish :)

• Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Today they continued the undercoat on the fence...I can't wait til they actually put the render on, I'm so excited to see the actual colour :))....Soon hopefully

Here's what it looks like so far with just cement.....Remember - the top of the garage is the only part that is actually finished, the rest is just cement undercoat...

• LesleyH
    7 år sedan
    I can't find anywhere that the acrylic render never has to be painted again though. Says its longer lasting.
  • Anthony Bautista
    7 år sedan

I agree with Italiangal, acrylic render is the most expensive stuff on the market but it does last forever and no need to paint.

By the way, your house looks amazing italiangal. Is it on a corner block? Wow

Italian Girl thanked Anthony Bautista
  • brixnmorta
    7 år sedan

The gutters look like they are on, are they delaying the downpipes til the render is done?

Italian Girl thanked brixnmorta
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Of course brixnmorta ;)

• Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks Anthony :))

• chrisbates
    7 år sedan

I'd paint the fence the same colour as the house and stain the timber in a warm finish.

Italian Girl thanked chrisbates
  • PRO
    Glideaway Door Systems
    7 år sedan

if you are after a Alucobond Garage Door, please contact Glideaway.

thanks.

• Marj Kibby
    7 år sedan

Do the slats in Surfmist if you want them to stand out, do them in Monument if you want them to be background.

• Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Chrisbates...hate the timber looking slats, just don't like the look of them! Yes Marj Kibby, i might just do Surfmist ;) Thanks Glideaway Door Systems

• Debbie Fisher
    7 år sedan

I think Surfmist or Monument, would look lovely and low maintenance. Your shrubs on the inside would look nicer against the monument...? Personally l like the timber look but the continued up keep on it, so it remains looking good is a turn off. Repainting/coating the fence is not how I want to spend my weekends or my money. I would go for low maintenance every time. By the way, it's all looking fabulous

• Ghaida'a Alkhozouz
    7 år sedan

Morning

It sounds like you really have your heart set on a light fence, this is do able but the fence would need to be a mix of materials. The slats would have to be an accent alongside a visually heavier and contrasting material of the fence. Also you would need to balance the proportion of the dark/light coloured aspects of the fence in relation to the house as a whole. The darkest should be more prominent.

But to be honest the classiest look would be the darker option. It all depends on what you want something to match your mood now or something to look good through all your moods.

Good luck

• PRO
    ARTIS PURA Designs
    7 år sedan

Hi there,

Just to add my two cents. the Surfmist or Dune will add the classic touches, which can then be enhanced through the landscaping while the Monument will add a more dramatic, modern touch. Also to be enhanced through the landscaping.

Enjoy!

• pascoeyvonne
    7 år sedan

If you want the fence to stand out as a feature, then use a light colour. If you want the house to be the main feature, then use a dark colour on the fence. Plants look much better against dark colours.

• PRO
    Parker & Associates Building Design Consultants
    7 år sedan

aluminium timber look slats will soften the look especially when you add planting.

• Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

DON"T want the timber look!!!

• luckymilo
    7 år sedan

Just letting you know that although acrylic render doesn't needing painting it does not last forever and in time there is always cracking. I am married to a renderer and we are also building our house and he is refusing to render the house as he knows the upkeep will be difficult and expensive! So he is only rendering the outdoor entertaining area!

• PRO
    The Mural Shop
    7 år sedan

The monument on the fence, absolutely and accent it with a formal dark green hedge with leaf accents that will pick up on your render. Keep it simple!

• PRO
    DECO Australia
    7 år sedan

Have you considered a woodgrain finish for your aluminium slats? DecoWood is more durable than standard powder coating and never needs painting or staining. You can also get a steel garage door exactly colour matched for continuity. Take a look:

http://www.decorativeimaging.com.au/finishing/decowood/

Good luck with your project!

• siriuskey
    7 år sedan

Agree with several other Houzzers that timber slats would look really good using the aluminium slats for durability, plants will enhance/cover this area as well. Matching Garage door, or dark paint finish. You could paint the whole fence the same colour! good luck, it's a lovely big house

• siriuskey
    7 år sedan

Italian Girl thanked siriuskey
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Nice siriuskey....is that the same colour slats or lighter? Hard to tell..but I like that look ;)

No...I will NOT use timber slats..I DON'T LIKE the way that look at all!!

• Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

As you can see...timber slats would not suit this style of house...........

• Debbie Fisher
    7 år sedan

Your new houzz appears to be getting bigger with every pic. I hope your in the process of interviews for house cleaners. That's a lot of house to keep clean. Have fun ......Either or either, Surfmist or monument either would look lovely.

The fence should compliment your houzz not be the standout feature !

• siriuskey
    7 år sedan

Hi there, re the fence my choice would be the same colour as house with either same colour slats or your window surfmist both would look classic, definately NO timber here.

Because you are on a corner block I'd be planting a hedge inside the fence with something like Murraya asap, Jim Henson could advise. I would consider Pleaching them up to where the slats start so that you could under plant with something pretty, I'd also consider adding garden lights as per attached photo. plus I would also consider putting "Eye lid" down lights on the exterior posts of the fence, this could add great street appeal for your wonderful very large house (is your whole family moving in.

The garage, either same as wall colour or Monument is my choice. cheers,

• siriuskey
    7 år sedan

Forgot to mention that the hedge should be approx 1 ft above the height of the fence

• Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Yes..the tiler has to start tiling all of outside first..and then i will work on my grass and plants, etc...another headache!! lol My electrician has cut out the lights for outside, i'm getting eye lid lights on the stairs, also have downlights around house and spot lights at the back where the pool's going. Having up/down lights at the front gate and side gate.

The garage door i'm thinking is going to be an Alucobond door - comes in a gorgeous silver or white colour pearly...not sure yet.

Don't want anything else in Monument colour - too much is already on the roof!! And it's a HUGE roof!!!

• John Henson
    7 år sedan
    People are determined to get some timber into your house...haha
    Italian Girl thanked John Henson
  • Italian Girl
    Författare
    7 år sedan

might even to same colour as house...now considering it

• Fiona Anastasia Whitefoot
    7 år sedan
    Same colour as garage door I reckon! It will bring about of interest to it!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.