lucywelchmu

Need help with cabinet handles in kitchen.

lucywelchmu
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

I have SS appliances, SS sink, SS faucet, oak cabinets and and a bownish, white quartz countertop with cream subway tiles for back splash. So do i have to use SS or silverish handles or can I use oil bronzed handles? I have no idea.

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Darla Powell Interiors
    6 år sedan
    You don't have to. You can mix metals. Just depends, but personally I would stay with the same tone or similar.
    lucywelchmu thanked Darla Powell Interiors
  • PRO
    Weber Interior Design
    6 år sedan

Because of your appliance color, changing the color of the pulls doesn't really make sense - stick with the stainless - or brushed nickel.

lucywelchmu thanked Weber Interior Design
  • lwfromny
    6 år sedan

I think that the only thing in that mix of metals that you need to consider when it comes to your hardware is your faucet and your light fixtures (which you don't mention). So in my opinion your sink and appliances act as neutrals. After all, nobody has an ORB appliance or sink (or very few anyway) and yet plenty of kitchens have ORB hardware and look beautiful. If you look at Houzz photos with ORB you will find plenty that also have stainless (appliances in particular). And mixing metals is definitely trending, So in my opinion, I'd use ORB hardware without hesitation, provided that you (1) change the faucet to ORB, or (2) you have light fixtures that are ORB, or (3) you introduce ORB in accessories. I just wouldn't make your cabinet hardware the ONLY ORB in the room. I think ORB looks great with countertops and cabinets like yours, so if it were me I think I'd be finding a way for ORB hardware to work. It's a much warmer looking aesthetic than stainless and it aligns well with the rest of your colors.

Here is a good example where everything you mentioned is stainless, but there are ORB light fixtures and a large ORB clock. Therefore the ORB hardware looks fine.

Finley · Mer info

lucywelchmu thanked lwfromny
  • lucywelchmu
    Författare
    6 år sedan

SS sink and brushed nickle faucet.

• Angela Smith
    6 år sedan
    You can absolutely use ORB hardware. I would be more concerned with matching your light fixtures, plumbing, and hardware versus the appliances and sink. Appliances and sink are neutrals, as someone else suggested.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.