mary_rudquist

Interior door color?

Mary Rudquist
6 år sedan

I would like to add more contrast to my dated '90's entryway by painting the interior door. I am also going to paint the exterior door but I'm having more difficulty with picking a color for the inside. The deadlock and knob are both silver and were replaced recently. If my husband wouldn't be annoyed, I would totally change these to oiled rubbed bronze. The side table is grey. Lots of light oak!

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    Darla Powell Interiors
    6 år sedan
    How do you feel about blue? Any blue accents in the room? Just can't go by two pieces.
  • PRO
    Weber Interior Design
    6 år sedan

One thing to consider is how the oak frame will look with whatever color you choose. The frame might become very noticeable depending on the door color. What about updating by adding a frosted panel look to the side window (I assume it is covered for privacy). That would give the area a clean look and maybe that would make the door color less important. If you are sure you want to paint, I would avoid an intense color to down play the contrasting colors.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 år sedan

black door, cream walls. (you don't have to replace hardware, you can use a metallic spray paint)

these paint colors would look nice w/oak.

or something along this line.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.