jasommer

need help with wood flooring

Jackie S
5 år sedan
Two years ago we installed 2 1/4” solid wood flooring in our living room, this flooring matched our existing flooring that was put in the house when it was built 19 years ago almost perfectly. Now we want to tear out our entryway tile and finish with the same wood, the problem is, we cannot get the same flooring in the same width! We can get it in the exact same color but the width is 3 1/4” wide now! I’ve been looking at several pictures of rooms that have different width wood as well as different colors in room. Not sure I’m ok with any of it! If we decide to go with the wider wood because the color matches so well, should we lay the wood the same direction as the living room and put some kind of transition in the openings between the two? Or would it be better to lay the new wider flooring perpendicular to the existing flooring? Not sure what if any are the rules and which would be more appealing to look at?
I’ve attached a couple pictures sowing the existing flooring and where it would meet up with the new flooring,

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    Cedar + Sage Design
    5 år sedan

The wood flooring is best to be matched, or you could choose a different type of flooring completely. Even with a transition, the two widths will look strange. You could select a new and updated tile. It looks like with some more research you may be able to find a match. Here's a link to a potential match.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    5 år sedan

Is this engineered hardwood or site finished? If its site finished I don't understand why you can't find a match because it looks like a standard wood. Normally its okay to do different widths, but in this situation not sure it would look right. I'd just replace with a more updated tile (no wood look)

• Jackie S
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    It is engineered wood, the original flooring is sight matched, quite a difference in pricing that is why we went with engineered
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.