becky_rocha35

Driveway conundrum

Becky R
5 år sedan
We'd like to extend our house so that we use the current garage and car port on the left, and then move the garage to the right and put in a diagonal driveway. Is our front garden too small do you think? And does it matter that a car couldn't be manouverd into the garage?

Kommentarer (3)

• Tani H-S
    5 år sedan

Is the extension going to be a single or two storey? ie will the fact your neighbour having a window on the side be an issue if it's double storey for light issues?

If not then I don't see why having a diagonal driveway should be an issue. Ideally you would get the kerb lowered on the right side but it's quite expensive to do this.

• PRO
    Arthur Road Landscapes
    5 år sedan

Surely cheaper to put the extension on the right and leave the garage where it is? That way you don't lose your front garden. You will probably also be required to put in drainage for a new drive to comply with SUDS.

• Jo
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Sorry I may have misunderstood, if your new garage isn’t actually going to be used for the car, then do you need to move the driveway? Wouldn’t the car be fine parked on the drive in front of the new extension? You could just extend the path across the width of the house or on the right hand side for garage access.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.