ltaplin

Wood floor advice please!!!

ltaplin
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

Is there a preferred way to lay wood floors? We have a long kitchen/diner with a concrete base. We want to lay wood flooring and I'm wondering if we should lay it widthways rather than lengthways to give the impression it is wider? It is 8.5m by 3.5m. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Kommentarer (3)

• Chris Goodchild
    5 år sedan

Generally lengthways is usual for a long room but at 3,5m it would probably look okay. An alternative would be to lay it herring bone fashion if the layout will stand it.

ltaplin thanked Chris Goodchild
  • PRO
    Verity & Beverley Ltd
    5 år sedan

As Chris says above traditionally the floor boards would run length ways as the timber joists would span the shortest distance. This way the floor looks more natural as otherwise you run the risk of lots of horizontal lines running down the length of the room which can look cluttered.

ltaplin thanked Verity & Beverley Ltd
  • minnie101
    5 år sedan

Agree with above and think they used to run towards windows/doors unless mistaken. Running them as you suggest can work but you've got a very long room! Have you chosen the floor? Wide planks can work or a chevron or herringbone as Chris said. I would avoid thin strips if you run them short wall to short wall

ltaplin thanked minnie101
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.