spen_m

Living room - finishing touches

Spen M
5 år sedan

Before

Thoughya on finishing this living room?

We need ideas for a coffee table, rug and wall art.

any thoughts??

Kommentarer (10)

• pink_peony
    5 år sedan

A picture of all sides of the room is really necessary. You can’t see the existing furniture pieces in these. Also hopefully lighter photos as these are very dark. The first thing that caught my eye was the set of armless chairs. For visual impact you should use them side by side. Alone they are a bit lost. The good news is their backs are low and you can group them in front of the built in if needed without obscuring the view of TV. This also will create a great back ground for them against the white of the built in. I can’t tell by your photos but i have a suspicion your coffee table is too large for the space. I would find a great area rug in the right proportions and accent colors you want to incorporate first then work on the furniture and art pieces. Again hard to see anything with the current photos. Please provide more. ;-)

• J J
    5 år sedan
    following
  • Susan Davis
    5 år sedan
    Consider a round cocktail table to counter all the straight lines.....also lamp masses done in a color might be interesting with coordinating pillowsand Art..ideas only to think about.
  • Spen M
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

We are considering the following coffee table.

• groveraxle
    5 år sedan

I love that coffee table. It's a great size and has a nice casual look.

Your curtains look skimpy. I'd double up on the panels.

Choose any art you love that covers 2/3 -3/4 the width of the sofa and hang it 5 - 8" above.

Spen M thanked groveraxle
  • PRO
    Joy Street Design
    5 år sedan

Here are a few recommendations from designs of ours below. Note the side tables, rugs, coffee tables, and artwork.

Spen M thanked Joy Street Design
  • PRO
    Manhattan Home Design
    5 år sedan

Hi! I love your living room! Maybe it's the quality of the picture but it might look a bit dark, how are you managing lighting? In terms of coffee tables, our go-to recommendation is the Noguchi Table! Available in several colors and finishes in our store!

• jpp221
    5 år sedan
    I can’t say I’m a fan of the drapes. They’re too skimpy, insubstantial for a traditional room. The should look full, lush.
  • Spen M
    Författare
    5 år sedan

I am not married to the drapes either, but they are wider than they look.

The windows are 48” wide; each panel is 52“ wide, faux silk.

we went with these panels because we originally had a navy blue patterned rug in the space. We did not want to have too many patterns going in the space.

I swapped out the curtains three times, until became frustrated and just kept the white.

For lighting, the space gets a lot of natural light with the four windows in the room. The only other light in the room is a lamp.

i am looking to have recessed lights installed at some point, but for right now, we are dealing with having just a lamp.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.