hzdeleted_21808948

Hallway pendants

User
5 år sedan
Hello all,

I’m looking to place 3 lights down a long hallway in my house which leads to the master bedroom. I’m completely clueless. The style of our home is transitional... should i be looking for a mini chandelier/pendant or a flush or semi flush mount light? First photo shows hallway... other photos are a few lights i had browsed. Any ideas?

Kommentarer (22)

• Jeanne Seefus
    5 år sedan

Your house is lovely. I really like the first light. I would definately go flush or semi-flush

• PRO
    1625 DB
    5 år sedan

For a hallway, flush would be best. Pendants hanging low enough could be hazard for a tall visitor.

• User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    @karen are you talking about this light?
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Heres another option i had found. I guess i gravitate towards things that sparkle lol
  • lindahambleton
    5 år sedan

Defidently sparkles ! Number one is good.

• Deb Zilch
    5 år sedan
    narrowing it down, I'll ask what lights and what style you feel is used in your home? so if you've already added "enough" bling, have the walkway/hall accented with subtle color. one from a permanent feature elsewhere maybe...or a fav.
  • Deb Zilch
    5 år sedan
    Google of tiffany light so pretty, on www.beautifulhalo.com...some streamlined contemporary, solid blue, etc.
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    What size width should i be looking for? The one i like the most is 17” wide... is that too big?
  • groveraxle
    5 år sedan

I'd look for something about 1/3 the width of the hallway.

• K R
    5 år sedan
    Yes, go with sparkle! Love it!
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 år sedan
    If your hall is 42” wide or more 17 flush is fine. How high is the ceiling?
  • zaccaii
    5 år sedan
    the bunton light posted is perfect! what is thd flooring?
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ill post measurements in a bit... floors are stained a dark brown with grey undertones (will be stained*)
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    @flo the hallway is 40” wide
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    @flo and the ceilings are 8.5 ft
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Do we think the 17inch light is okay since the hallway is 40” wide & not 42”?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 år sedan
    17 might be a bit too wide but if you love the fixture, try it. Just make sure you can return without too much cost. Take 40” minus 17 and you divide that by 2 you would have only 11.5” left on each side. I think 15” round might work better.
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Got it, thanks! Ill order a few options.
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Since the light i really like MIGHT be too wide,
    Ive narrowed my search down to no bigger than a 15 diameter - what do you guys think of any of these?
  • User
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    I actually found this which is super similar to the one i liked just a little simpler & its smaller. What do you guys think? I like the modern feel of the crystals.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 år sedan
    Very pretty and size looks good. It is 11” top to bottom which leaves you 7.5’ of clearance for walking under. It is 13” diameter which is fine. So you are good! Looks pretty and will light up that hall in every way!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.