jodiecarter

Before & after: a Roseville family home

Jodie Carter Design
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

Having recently completed this amazing project for a dear family in Roseville, I wanted to share the incredible transformation of the before and after photos. My clients had been living in their home for 18 years without any changes. It was originally very well built with what would of been considered at the time 'top of the range' kitchen, appliances, flooring, grand spaces and 6 bathrooms! The home was still much loved, but in desperate need of internal light, warmth, storage and a fresh feel of today. The brief encapsulated all those areas. Please bring in the light, make it feel airy and welcoming, fresh and inviting with plenty of storage. They wanted to entertain and be proud of their home.

To achieve the look I designed a complete make-over of the entire home. The downstairs floorplan at the rear of the house was changed by knocking out walls to enlarge the kitchen and bring in more light. A cohesive Hamptons style scheme was chosen, with lots of white, oak floors, shaker cabinetry and marble - layered with soft fabrics, light colours, pops of blue and gorgeous artworks. Its now a gorgeous family home once again and meets the brief of light, warmth, airy and welcoming.

To see more photos of this wonderful home please take a look at the project on my profile page or website www.jodiecarterdesign.com.au

Formal Lounge Room - Before.

This room was very dark and rarely used by the family. As it was the first room you saw as you entered the home we wanted it to feel special and inviting. Not only so the family would actually use it, but also to set the scene for what to was to come in the rest of the home.

After

Before

After

Kitchen - Before

Originally also quite dark with the timber cabinets and black stone tops. It was also cut off from the living and dining areas surrounding it with the high bar bench. We removed part of the wall to bring in the light and completely re-designed the space to create a modern Hampton's style entertainers delight. The massive island bench is the perfect gathering spot for all the family to cook and enjoy each others company.

After

Dining Before

This room was used as a family TV room leading out to the back yard. The way the family preferred to entertain made them want to make use of this space for the dining table and large family dinners/parties. We swopped the TV room and old dining room around and opened up the space to the lovely new back entertaining deck.

Dining After

Master Bedroom - Before

Gone are the dated built in headboard and side tables, the ruffled curtains and brown timber. To be replaced by a serene, classic light grey and duck egg blue scheme. Elegant silk curtains soften the large window and a huge wall of storage ensures there is a place for everything.

Master Bedroom - after

Kommentarer (22)

• JE C
    5 år sedan
    Gorgeous! One of the dining pictures didn't load, but love the rest of it.
    Jodie Carter Design thanked JE C
  • PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    5 år sedan

thank you very much. Silly me, I dont know what happened there. I'm trying to fix it now. Thank you for your feedback. Kind regards, Jodie

• PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    5 år sedan

thank you very much for your kind comments. Yes we worked as much with as much as we could that was already there. It still has that classic feel - but freshened up.

• annb1997
    5 år sedan

Wow! Stunning transformation. The amount of light in these spaces, along with colour, windie treatments and furniture choices has made an incredible difference. Great job! Did they keep the upright piano?

Jodie Carter Design thanked annb1997
  • annb1997
    5 år sedan

Oops...sorry, window treatments....

Jodie Carter Design thanked annb1997
  • PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to comment on my project. I am so pleased you like how its turned out. Yes they did keep the piano. Its in the room between the formal living and casual tv lounge. Unfortunately, I dont have a photo of it. All the angles taken looked through that room and it was off to the left. Thanks again for your comments. Most appreciated!! kind regards, Jodie

• siriuskey
    5 år sedan

So light and simple, love the window treatment and love love the kitchen

Jodie Carter Design thanked siriuskey
  • PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Hi, thank you very much. Oh yes the kitchen is gorgeous. The clients love it too, they are keen cooks so it gets a lot of use. thanks again for commenting. Jodie

• Mattie
    5 år sedan
    Lovely! Are the floors laminated wood?
    Jodie Carter Design thanked Mattie
  • PRO
    Feather & Suede Styling & Design
    5 år sedan
    love the pallet ....Welldone
    Jodie Carter Design thanked Feather & Suede Styling & Design
  • deedee deedee
    5 år sedan

Stunning!

Jodie Carter Design thanked deedee deedee
  • PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Hi https://www.houzz.com.au/user/webuser-99662781 - Thank you for commenting. Regarding the floor, no they are engineered Oak from Havwoods called Allevard planks - classic grade. Kind regards, Jodie

• mizzsinasiababy
    4 år sedan
    What a great transformation! Wow! the kitchen!! Love!
    Jodie Carter Design thanked mizzsinasiababy
  • Heather Donald
    4 år sedan
    Love it all, well done. What colour did you use on bedroom walls, and is it the same throughout the house?
    Jodie Carter Design thanked Heather Donald
  • pascoeyvonne
    4 år sedan

Wow! What a great difference between old and new, especially the kitchen. You did a great job!

Jodie Carter Design thanked pascoeyvonne
  • PRO
    Atria Designs
    4 år sedan

Wow! What a beautiful transformation!

Jodie Carter Design thanked Atria Designs
  • PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    Hi there, the wall colour is Dulux ‘Vintage Linen’ we used the same colour on all the walls throughout. Jodie
  • SonaandDi Taumalolo
    4 år sedan
    Hi, stunning transformation! Would you be able to let me know the stone used for the island bench top, please. Thanks
    Jodie Carter Design thanked SonaandDi Taumalolo
  • PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    Hi the stone for the kitchen benchtop is Smart Stone Staturio Venato. Thanks, Jodie Carter
  • Houzz-ID: 669634947
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

Carol King

Hi Jodie, thanks so much for showing your amazing make-over of this home. But to do the whole house must have cost an arm and a leg! How much did the Reno cost and how did they afford it! I've got a small 3 bedroom unit and I'd love to do some of the things you've done but I really don't think I could afford it, even for my small space.

Thanks,

Carol.

Jodie Carter Design thanked Houzz-ID: 669634947
  • PRO
    Jodie Carter Design
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Dear Carol, sorry it took me a while to write back - I have been away a bit lately. Yes the reno cost on this particular project was fairly high. To do something high end in a 3 bedroom unit you may need about $500,000.00 for kitchen, bathroom, laundry, custom cabinetry through out, new flooring, painting, furniture, window coverings etc. This renovation was absolutely everything. Similar to building a new home. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Kind regards, Jodie

• mary jane
    4 år sedan

brilliant job. so light and airy. all flowing . congrats.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.