webuser_619376733

Load bearing wall or not ?

Trying to determine if this wall is load bearing or not. I got a few pics from inside the roof.

Want to merge bed3 and bed2.

Thanks

Kommentarer (8)

• Houzz-ID: 619376733
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    I should add that it appears as if the roof one slope ends and another begins
  • oklouise
    5 år sedan

do you need to remove the whole wall or would a doorway be enough...what are you trying to achieve?

Houzz-ID: 619376733 thanked oklouise
  • Houzz-ID: 619376733
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    I guess I just need a walkway so I can remove the robes ? And have the walkway from bedroom3 robe entry?
  • oklouise
    5 år sedan

can you show a whole plan of the house with dimensions and explain what the new combination of rooms will be used for?

• PRO
    Eco Building Services
    5 år sedan

hello HU

The third photo shows diminishing trusses sitting on a series of main trusses. Its hard to see what these trusses are connected to however by the looks of it I would say this wall is def load bearing

Houzz-ID: 619376733 thanked Eco Building Services
  • PRO
    Mayfair Building Group
    5 år sedan

Hello,

From the roof picks it appears to be load bearing.

Are you looking to completely remove that wall of just create and opening? If you are only looking for an opening it could make things easier given the wall and roof loads potentially strutting down onto it.

Cheers

Houzz-ID: 619376733 thanked Mayfair Building Group
  • PRO
    D'Cruz Design Group
    5 år sedan

If you are unsure, best to check with a structural engineer - all the best!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.