decostress

Urgent Living room layout ideas

decostress
4 år sedan
senast redigerad:4 år sedan

please suggest a layout For my living.

Criteria:

like the idea of having a place to showcase little pieces.

lounge to watch tv yet formal living ( since i have no other living).

place to run around for my kid. So not too many furniture elements and

definetly roomy and airy.

i got these two huge furniture items but having second thoughts Since I feel they occupying lot of area.

Kommentarer (13)

• mindshift
    4 år sedan

Showcase collectibles and objets d'art on the entertainment center shelves. That should keep them out of your child's reach. The chaise-sofa does not look too large for the room. I suspect that you are not used to how much less space the room has when you put furniture in it. However, make sure that a coffee table is rectangular so it does not stick out into the walk area, and try to match the color of the entertainment center. I can't be sure, but it looks like there is room for one or two chairs in front of the window. Occasional chairs don't have to match the couch. You can choose a woven or print pattern that coordinates.

IMO, you cannot have a living room and a kid's play room that looks even semi-formal. If you expect company, clear all the toys from the room. Don't allow play houses, wagons, etc. to live in this room.

decostress thanked mindshift
  • groveraxle
    4 år sedan

I would return the entertainment center. Those big things are dated and totally foreclose the roomy and airy feeling you seek. Besides that, little pieces will get lost on a huge honker like that and look totally off in scale.

decostress thanked groveraxle
  • My House
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

I read your post to say that you've got these big pieces that you'd like to use, not that they are recent purchases. Try Flipping the big TV center to the opposite wall & couch infront of it, but not agsinst the wall- leave room for walking path. The corner in front of the Windows -Could be a small quiet reading play nook for a little one's teepee. -Guests comeover- quick clean -all toys in the teepee.

Add large wall mirrors along the walking path- The reflection will enable you to see tv while cooking and increase your sight lines for little kiddo.

decostress thanked My House
  • groveraxle
    4 år sedan

DK, there is not near enough space for the arrangement you propose. The end of the chaise would nearly touch the entertainment center.

• groveraxle
    4 år sedan

With floating shelves:

• decostress
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

First all, Thank you for helping me decide. I did purchase these two furniture items and have 7 day return ( so i’ll have to make a quick decision here). Next, here’s what I did to give you more To think :) . IMO, i find the tv too close to the couch ( even if you mount it). And I’ll have to add floating shelves looks like. Or may be one of those open staircase kind of shelves ( real solid ones so they dont fall). Do I return my furniture and et something else?

I could have tv console where the window is, but it blocks the airy/ window feel.

• groveraxle
    4 år sedan

No TV in front of a window. And no ladder shelves. They make a space look like a dorm. (Same with torchiere lamps.) And no vases with sticks, please.

You had the best arrangement before, but this new console is better than the behemoth in your first pic which just takes over the room.

• mindshift
    4 år sedan

You did not give the dimensions for this living space. But, should you try to make a walkway behind the sofa, as shown in your most recent picture, it will require 42" of space. Anything more narrow will not allow two adults to pass without turning sideways. Some TV-size Viewing Calculators say a 48" 4K screen is best viewed from 4'9" to 7'7", but a 48" 1080p screen allows viewing between 5'11" and 9'11", and the closer distance is considered best. However, that seems too close to me also. Other sites give a general distance of up to 3 times the screen size, or 12' for a 48" set. These widely varying distances make me throw up my hands.

You definitely should NOT put the TV in front of the window. Back-lighting causes eye strain. While you may not watch daytime TV, summer gives us longer day length. Either of the long walls is best for placement. I agree that a low entertainment cabinet will allow your space to look larger. The center of the TV screen should be level with your eyes when you are seated, so look for a low profile cabinet.

• PRO
    Lina creations
    4 år sedan

Personally I would follow "DK"'s advice and I would keep the furniture..from experience floating shelves are only nice if they're almost empty or displaying books of matching cover colours..totally useless if you're looking for practical and clean. having 2 children of my own anything that helps me hide is amazing..you can display and store items in that unit and I bought teepees for my kids they look good and when i have company i do throw everything in there..no toy chest will do that since everything is always out the minute you turn your back and it never seems to hold everything back in..there are neutral coloured ones that could match your decor...then again personal opinion ..good luck!

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    4 år sedan

We think exchanging the huge entertainment center for something smaller might work better for your space. We don't know if you'll have room to add in a play area, but the arrangement you have in the images you provided seems like a good set up. Below we've included what we did for a client. Note the small TV console.

Downtown Townhouse: Living Room · Mer info

Downtown Townhouse: Living Room · Mer info

• calidesign
    4 år sedan

Your arrangement was best the first time, with your tv on the wall closest to the door and sectional on the other wall. It gives you the most open space between the two rather than splitting the space into two walkways in front and behind the seating. I don't mind your media shelving since you want to display smaller items and will have toys in the room. The enclosed storage will work for toys, and the shelves for books or your display items. It doesn't seem too deep for the room. Yes, a simple low console would look the best, but it is important that it also functions the way you need it to.

• Ellen Tracy
    4 år sedan

Stay away from hard corners for now since you have kids.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.