steph_brown9

Swapping kitchen & dining room

Steph Brown
4 år sedan

Hello

I’m in the process of buying a house (built 1911) which has a good sized dining room leading into a small kitchen. I just wondered if anyone has a rough idea of the cost of moving the plumbing and the electrics from the kitchen to the dining room?

Thanks in advance

Steph

Kommentarer (2)

• rinked
    4 år sedan

I have no idea what such a thing would cost.. But does it have a crawl space? And where is your main soil pipe? Could you post a floorplan?

And modern kitchens often require more power, so if there hasn't been any work on it in the last decade(s), electrics need to be expanded/renewed anyway.

• PRO
    Brandler London
    4 år sedan

Without the plans of the existing it is difficult to comment except by generalising.

The relocation of the electrics and the water supply is relatively simple and pipework/cables can either be chased into the walls or in the floor. This also applies to the pipework required for any boiler.

The problems arise when it comes to the waste pipework. This needs a "fall", i.e. a slight slope, to allow the water to flow away from your sink and washing machine as well as dishwasher. As such the location of the existing pipework is important when considered to the new layout you are thinking of.

The options for the waste water pipework might require running new pipework into the floor and out to an external drain, which will be relatively expensive. The other option is a pump, however frankly speaking these are generally a nightmare and should only be used when there is no other option.

If you can post your plans and photographs of the rooms then we can be more specific.

Best of luck with your project.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.