renatamonteiro

extension flooring advice

Renata Herbommez
4 år sedan

hi, we bought a house and we are changing the kitchen so it becomes an open space. the living room has light ivory ceramic tiles placed in diagonal. I tried to get more of the same tiles to place in the kitchen floor, but it has being long discontinued.

I found two options that would look very similar in color: when we place the tiles side by side, we can't see any difference. But we were comparing only two samples. anyway, it's not the same size.

however, I also like some darker tiles with a copper shine to it.

what would look better: try to look the same, with the risk of the difference being noticeable when installed, or just do something completely bold and different?

Kommentarer (2)

• Gabby Wong
    4 år sedan

I think trying to match will be a challenge unless they’re the same size/texture/colour/gloss level etc... personally I think you’d be better having different flooring to zone the kitchen, or replace the floor throughout to create a uniform look.

• PRO
    Brandler London
    4 år sedan

In this situation trying to match a colour is a nightmare and any slight variance will be obvious and will probably irritate you over the years.

In my opinion a contrasting colour is your best option and, if configured properly, it will look like this was an intentional design decision rather than a compromise.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.