vcolmone

Help!! I have no idea what to put in this corner.

vcolmone
10 år sedan
I need help figuring out what to do with this corner in my living room/dining room combo. The corner is to the right of the Entry way - to the left is our entertainment center. I was thinking of getting 4 more of the same white bookcases to hug the wall but I don't know how I will fill up 4 more bookcases worth of shelves. Plus they're not cheap. Any suggestions??

Thanks!!!

Kommentarer (114)

• leelee
    10 år sedan
    Maybe two chairs like the one below that could be used for additional seating? Also like the idea of a folding screen or a tree to fill in corner. You've already got a console table just to the left of that space so not sure if repeating that scenario is the best idea.
  • leelee
    10 år sedan
    You could do a bar cabinet if you drink. If not you could still get a bar cabinet! And a wine rack. Add a vertical picture above or a vintage champagne poster.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    mendi,

Go to Joss and Main and click on the curio. Right click and save to desktop. Come back into the discussion. You have to comment first before you can attach your image.

Hit attach images and a box will appear on your screen for you to choose your jpg. image. It has to be jpg to work. Usually, when you attach images they are in jpg format.

Easy breezy.

P S Can I paint a rattan table base?
  • Helen Loutas
    10 år sedan
    I would place a chair there which can be moved for the christmas tree and put all picture frames on the wall of special memories
  • PRO
    Hammer and Hand
    10 år sedan
    We have an incredible antique corner cabinet that would really add warmth and character to your corner space! https://www.etsy.com/listing/165642587/chippy-distressed-green-turquoise?ref=shop_home_active
  • Karen Vanelli
    10 år sedan
    It looks as though the brown leather chair is thrown in the middle of the room...I'd put it over in the corner and add some type of pretty lamp and a few pictures on the walls!
  • User
    10 år sedan
    I would put a secretary type desk
  • PRO
    User
    10 år sedan
    We love the fresh paint color! We suggest some great art or family photos for the walls and an overstuffed, round ottoman to soften the corner. One that can be easily moved around if additional seating is needed when entertaining. Use a colorful throw as a finishing touch. The perfect addition to change out from season to season.
  • vcolmone
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions... So much to consider!!
  • abbyjean
    10 år sedan
    LOTS of suggestions that were fun to read just now. You have a console table near by and lots of shelving untis in the room now......the grandfather clock or the plant get my vote. Anxious to hear what you decide!!!
  • Darzy
    10 år sedan
    The more I think about it, if it were my space I'd put a live palm tree there in a pretty pot (or a pot inside a basket).
  • PRO
    Michele Smith
    10 år sedan
    now I see the rest of the pics... a Desk or a bar. pick one.. I like a wine bar or a dual wine fridge beverage fridge on bottom..
  • janeinfo
    10 år sedan
    How about just a large leaning floor mirror.
  • cyberdeedle
    10 år sedan
    It isn't very big and appears to be beside a path to other areas of the house. A chair might be in the way and probably wouldn't be used often. I like the leaning mirror idea or a large floor plant. I have a 6' Bamboo Silk Tree in a corner of the living room with an up light behind it and a couple of baskets at its base. Hobby Lobby has a million ideas. . . if you walk through you can steal some ideas!
  • dstemple1956
    10 år sedan
    I think it's screaming for something round if you're considering furniture. If choosing a plant, make it a live one and make sure its height fits the space.
  • Laurie Tillett
    10 år sedan
    I'm voting for the tall plant and a piece of artwork on one wall option! get a fabulous fake if you have to and be sure the pot is eye catching.
  • PRO
    User
    10 år sedan
    Try a small corner cabinet like this one. You only need a couple of accessory pieces and it has plenty of storage.
  • Patrica Montazeri
    10 år sedan
    A chest of drawers for storage or a chest bar.
  • PRO
    Personal Touches, LLC
    10 år sedan
    I would make it a straight cabinet with a granite top. It would become my serving bar for the dining room and family room
  • syncope
    10 år sedan
    well...there are a lot of suggestions but it sounds to me that keeping the space available for your Christmas tree is your main concern though you'd like it to have something with presence during the rest of the year. I love the idea of hanging mirrors on your walls; possibly, one large oversized one that would be a beautiful reflection during the holidays of your tree with a comparable size collection of small framed mirrors on the other wall. If you still feel a need to fill the floor space, look around your home and see if you've just "stuck" something that you really would like to show off and put whatever that is there. Just make it easy to move for your tree. Mirrors add so much sparkle and fun to a room and it will reflect and bounce the light around as well.

If you don't find something you already have, consider a large, fun piece of sculpture. It doesn't have to be overly expensive and you may find a lot of really great pieces in your local flea markets or furniture stores. I have a great 6 ft metal sculpture of a cloisonné-like giraffe that would be perfect in spot like that and I think having such a great conversation piece so close to your entrance would be a wonderful addition to your home.
  • syncope
    10 år sedan
    ok...color my face red...I just went back and looked at your original pictures and see that you already have a mirror collection in your dining area. Did not notice that before. So if you think you might have mirror overload with my previous suggestion, maybe paint those corner walls a shade or two darker and place your sculpture piece there. That should give it the impact you need. Though, I think I'd be fine with the one large mirror on the wall parallel to the dining room wall. Good luck and let us all know what you end up doing!
  • Laura Zinter
    10 år sedan
    Full length leaning mirror. They look great reflecting wood floors and being near the entry, you can give yourself one last look on the way out. Also, it's easy to slide away when it's time to pull the tree out. I wouldn't do anymore bookshelves.
  • Debp
    10 år sedan
    How about a colorful pouf on the floor and some large colorful art above? Simple to move when it's Christmas tree time and not that expensive.
  • Debbie Jackson
    10 år sedan
    I would wait until I found something I absolutely loved and then would put it in the corner.
  • stillamistry
    10 år sedan
    Debp do you know where those poufs are available?
  • dbmayfield
    10 år sedan
    A large pot with plant material would be great
  • Sam Dewick
    10 år sedan
    I'd also suggest a big potted plant and possibly a wall of pictures of the family.
  • vcolmone
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    I'm thinking the potted plant is the most practical for us. Does anyone know a nice one that doesn't need a lot of light? The corner doesn't get much sunlight. And I'm not a huge fan of fake plants. Any suggestions?
  • dbh
    10 år sedan
    I think what are really beautiful and very elegant looking (and requires zero upkeep) are branches of curly willow in a beautiful big pot. Very organic, very minimalist, and would look striking in that corner-- almost like a natural sculpture. Florists will sell you cut branches, or nurseries will. And take one and stick it in the ground, and it will root for you-- and you'll have your own to cut in a year or so. Or, if you get tired of it, put them someplace else, or root all of them.
  • Ruth Felice
    10 år sedan
    go for an assortment of your favourite pics in black white or bold unexpected colored frames
  • adobe7
    10 år sedan
    since there are pictures on wall in entry and large cabinet with cubbies in adjoining room...all with the "square" shape, how about a tall, earthen style vase fountain? Gives life to area and a sense of calm between all the "activity" areas. Or, a not so tall fountain backed by taller greenery?
  • Lidia
    10 år sedan
    Large mirror hung on the wall, a chest in front of it with a lamp to reflect in the mirror. Come Christmas time just remove the chest and the mirror will add sparkle to your tree. The big mirror will also add depth to the space. I have the same scenario and that what I ended up with and being happy. I tried lots of other "fillers" and the huge mirror and chest in front of it looks amazing!
  • Barbie
    10 år sedan
    How large is your entryway? My thought is to remove the table in there because it seems to block the hall a bit. Might just be the angle of the picture though. I would then add a cabinet in the corner with storage in it that seems to pile up in the entry.
  • Sami Calado
    10 år sedan
    Like the idea of a pop of color!
  • Cyndi S.
    10 år sedan
    A tall artificial/very real looking tree/plant in dual colored greens would bee beautiful. Make roomm for a few long rectangleframed leaves. Very simple. Less is more. Frames will pop in black.
  • shamo1
    10 år sedan
    Interesting how many opinions there are. I first thought of a Christmas Tree, no duh. Perhaps have a bar built in a triangle to fit the space tight, but on hidden wheels so you could move it for Christmas. Also, I do like the wine rack idea; you could put up wine, oils, vinegars, et cetera for color and interest. Some lighting to match.
  • jonathan3
    10 år sedan
    Resist the urge to fill every space...keep it light.
  • houseatthelake
    10 år sedan
    I see your entry way is nearby. Do you have storage for outerwear somewhere? You could put a dresser with nice mirror above. Could work for storing gloves etc., maybe have a charging station for cell phones etc. and a place to put all the charging cables.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    I like the pouf idea suggested by Debp. Would be movable. Notice you have a doorway there. Can just see kids flying around that corner and slamming into sharp corners.
    Joss and Main an on line store sell these in all shapes/ colors.
  • PRO
    Paris Flea Interiors
    10 år sedan
    Not every wall has to have furniture or even art work on it. But I'm sure you feel the emptiness when you use that room. I don't know why but for some reason our brains or souls search for comfort in our environment. Try a large silk tree; ficus, evergreen or a palm tree depending on what part of the country you reside in.
  • User
    10 år sedan
    Another new angle, on that corner. Somewhere to stand when you've been naughty.
  • kristylou
    10 år sedan
    Not what you asked about but I love your wall color and media center!! How out of line would I be to ask to see the rest of the room just because I'm nosey? (You can tell me to buzz off LOL!)
  • PRO
    Distinctive Mantel Designs, Inc
    10 år sedan
    How about building in white shelving about 16" apart 3" thick edge. Maybe with lights
  • PRO
    Mystic Valley Traders
    10 år sedan
    A corner bookcase would look great there!
  • vcolmone
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    Kristylou I would share pics of the rest of the room but it would be of our living room which we plan replacing everything in it but the entertainment center ASAP so its not much to look at :). I can dig up the name of the paint if you like.
  • PRO
    Galileo Construction Inc.
    10 år sedan
    Bonjour Maybe a coat rack.
    Mediterranean Hall · Mer info
    =
    Brighton Coat Rack and Umbrella Stand · Mer info
  • niccay
    10 år sedan
    Something that is useful close
    to the entry - to me, that would be a corner bench. love this idea ! Make it removable.
  • PRO
    Vent and Cover
    10 år sedan
    Definitely a tall bookcase, the filler items don't need to be too intricate just stuff you find around your house, really. or even a potted plant. And change the vent cover ;)
  • PRO
    Paris Flea Interiors
    10 år sedan
    A corner shelving piece would be perfect! And a tree?
  • cowgirl26
    10 år sedan
    I would put a big plant or tree in the corner
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.