myhomeforever

Beautiful wood

myhomeforever
10 år sedan
Can you tell me the type of stain and the type of wood that you used around the tub? It is absolutely beautiful.
Sunrise Vista · Mer info

Kommentarer (9)

• PRO
    Lane Williams Architects
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    The deck around the tub is made from cedar and it has a clear stain on it.
  • PRO
    Design MACS
    9 år sedan
    What sort of clear stain did you use? Was it a poly or an oil? I am trying to replicate the finish. Thank you!
  • dcombe
    8 år sedan

when u say walnut are you saying real wood or veneer? i can't find the cathedrals like this in a walnut veneer that isn't yellowish vs this nice red or chocolate color seen here that can only be achieved w a stain or oiled look - please help! in bathrooms contracter says reallu shoulnt use real wood but i can't find a veneer with cathedrals that can be stained

• PRO
    Lane Williams Architects
    8 år sedan

We always use real wood when we can, and the cabinets are real walnut. We wouldn't recommend veneer against anything that's getting wet, you might consider western red cedar (the wood on the ceiling and wall_ or ipe (the wood we used for the deck) that is sealed, note again that these are all solid pieces. @Design MACs Can't remember the exact combo but our usual go-to is Benjamin Moore Arborcoat semi-transparent or fully transparent depending on need.

• PRO
    Inspired Spaces by Milton Frank
    7 år sedan

Is there a concrete platform under the teak?

• PRO
    Lane Williams Architects
    7 år sedan

@Inspired spaces. No, the tub is sitting on the floor and the ipe platform was built around it.

• Ellen McDonald
    3 år sedan

what exactly did you use on the ceiling I love it

• PRO
    Swivel Interiors
    3 år sedan

The architect specified western red cedar

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.