karast1

How to make my small kitchen bigger?

karast1
7 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Hi Guys, Alittle stuck for ideas, need some advice. Essentially l would love to make my currently small kitchen bigger? I was thinking perhaps blocking off the side door to kitchen / hall way to add fridge or create a pantry....not sure if you need 2 entries to kitchen? Perhaps also opening up the existing double entry from lounge to kitchen too, to create open plan. Current kitchen benches are 450 wide, tiny l know lol ;)

Kommentarer (7)

• PRO
    Trace Studio Architects
    7 år sedan

I think before you embark on this project, you need to think about the bigger picture - how do you get to your backyard / outdoor living spaces? perhaps you need to introduce a new opening where the current kitchen window is over the sink? or off the dining room? this will determine the best location for the kitchen. A built in seat on one side of the dining table or forming one side of the island bench, is a great space saving idea that may work for you.

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    7 år sedan

Be worthwhile looking at just a new kitchen. A quality fitted out kitchen with drawers, overhead cupboards, new cooker, etc. maybe all that's needed.

Aside from that, what the other's above have suggested is good advise.

• brixnmorta
    7 år sedan

Hi Karast1 How about swapping the laundry with the kitchen and transferring the wc in between the laundry and the bathroom as a powder room.

You'll wind up with a bigger kitchen and big pantry.

Maybe the next project - an ensuite/wir off the main bed.

• PRO
    Onega Interiors Ltd
    7 år sedan

A new footprint is the best answer. As okloiuse said the existing dining area can become the kitchen. This allows for good flow of foot traffic through this busy area and access all round the kitchen if you have an island. The area is not big but if it is well thought out in terms of storage it should work really well. Your biggest cost will most likely be in moving your plumbing fittings and electricals especially if you have a concrete slab floor. Opening up the doorway between living and dining areas would make the room bigger but may require an engineers report. As we do not know your budget these may be costs that are outside your current budget. If it is something you wish to do get some prices in so you know how much you will require for the full project. great advice above. Good luck

• pascoeyvonne
    7 år sedan

The WC and laundry could be combined, saving the expense of moving plumbing. One doorway would have to be closed off. The wall between the laundry and dining room could be moved back, and a large pantry created along that section. Probably best to use sliding doors to the pantry.

A new kitchen, with wider benches, could be installed when funds allow.

Opening between living and dining areas could be opened up to give a sense of space. Would need to check with an engineer first as has been suggested by others.

• siriuskey
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I would keep the kitchen where it is with new cupboards but change the island to a free standing one, then look at combining laundry/WC and add a shower, ie; combined bathroom laundry.

Would be nice to have a toilet in the main bathroom, if you added a shower into the existing laundry the shower in the bathroom could be moved over the bath to make space for a toilet.

Or as pascoeyvonne suggests The wall between the laundry and dining room could be moved back, and a large pantry created along that section.

Opening between living dining could be made wider with larger pocket doors. that's about it, good luck.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.