hzdeleted_29940913

Sisal carpet

User
7 år sedan
Hi, I would like to know what your feedback is on the sisal carpet? We re thinking of putting it in the lounge/media room our new build. I have read reviews that it hurts to walk on, stains easily and if you drag a chair across it the fibres tear. Have you noticed any of this? Would you put it in again had the chance? Thank you
North Bondi · Mer info

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    The Little Design Corner
    7 år sedan

Hello Kelly!

Thanks for your message. I didn't actually choose to put the sisal in this house - that was my client's choice. She moved very soon after this so I haven't seen how it has worn over time. BUT...from the time she was there her kids did complain that it was 'scratchy' on their knees when they were playing. Plus one of her boys spilt a glass of water (just water) on it and it stained and didn't really dry/come out...so that' wasn't great either. Overall it's probably quite a high maintenance option...looks great but perhaps not super practical, particularly if you've got kids.

I hope that helps! Please feel free to come back to me if you need any help.

Cheers,

Clare

User thanked The Little Design Corner
  • bigreader
    7 år sedan
    I've a sisal rug from IKEA. It did soften over time but it's def not soft underfoot. I've found it very easy to clean but I don't think I'd have it in a whole room.
    User thanked bigreader
  • User
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks to both of you for getting back to me. I have two young kids and another on the way so I think I will look at other options.

• bigreader
    7 år sedan
    I think that's a good idea Kelly. Mine are 5 and 7 and cope fine on the rug but I wouldn't use it for little littlies. You can get a wool blend sisal look carpet. I had that in a lounge pre children many moons ago, it was soft underfoot but I don't know that the light colour would have survived kids.
    User thanked bigreader
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.