Starting out in Silicon Valley, Houzz has become the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
Our Account Executives play a crucial role by partnering with industry professionals across Japanese market to help grow and manage their businesses through Houzz Pro. Do you thrive in a fast-paced and competitive, yet team-oriented environment? Do you love turning feedback into progress and continually being challenged? If the answer is yes, then Houzz might just be your next home.
What You’ll Do
- Management of the full sales cycle; from prospecting and qualifying new business partners through high volume outbound calls (+60 calls/day) to preparing proposals, securing new business partnerships before handing them off to Client Success Managers.
- Consult with decision makers on how to effectively market their business and streamline their work flow by demonstrating the value of Houzz Pro.
- Working with a close-knit and well established international sales team, you will be provided with design, architecture & construction leads. These will range from highly engaged professionals with a built out presence on Houzz to newly signed up accounts with little knowledge of the SaaS platform and all it has to offer. Your interactions are all primarily done over the phone and web demos with Architects, Interior Designers, Builders, etc.
- As a Top Performer, you will have the opportunity to attend and participate in industry trade shows!
The minimum requirement for this role
- Professional inside sales experience
- Outbound cold-calling experience
- Understanding of or experience in selling intangibles/solutions (i.e. advertising, financial services, business services...)
In order to perform and exceed in this role, you will have
- Tech-savviness - able to cogently conduct presentations virtually using assorted platforms and troubleshoot when complications arise
- Tenacity to exceed monthly sales objectives
- Experience in rapid sales cycle environments selling to local or SMB
- Entrepreneurial mindset with verifiable examples of successes
- Articulate and persuasive verbal and written communication skills to ask the right questions and uncover needs
- Active listening skills
- Patience and resilience
- Openness to feedback as our culture is surrounded by peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
- Problem-solving and positive mentality for objection handling
- Ability to leverage gained knowledge to effectively negotiate and close deals
What’s in it for you?
- In 2016, Houzz was named "Best App" at Google's inaugural Play Awards and voted 6th on CNBC’s Top Disruptor list in 2017 after raising a $400 million Series E round of funding - just sayin’!
- Now the bonus points;Flat hierarchy environment: Get the best hands-on coaching and development from leadership on the sales floor. We work in a collaborative environment allowing anyone from our most senior managers to the most junior salespeople to constantly challenge and empower each other.
- Training: you will be given sales training with a dedicated training manager to keep you up to date with the best industry practises and to develop you as a sales professional.
- Incentives: Competitive salary with exciting incentives and quarterly competitions
- Our beautiful office is located right in the middle of Tokyo- in a cool, modern, comfortable environment designed to reflect our culture.
- A stocked kitchen to keep you fuelled and healthy thanks to our Healthy At Houzz program.
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionising the home remodelling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.1 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodelling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.