Tel Aviv, Israel
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
As a FE Infra Software Engineer, you will be building the framework that powers Houzz’s website and create the infrastructure that all web engineers at Houzz build on top of. We are looking for someone who is self-directed, independent, passionate about new technologies and has experience owning complete products and features.
- Architecting Houzz’s web application framework
- Performance tuning
- Evaluate new technology and continue to evolve the infrastructure
- Actively participate in code reviews, architectural design discussions
- Tooling for web applications’ build and release process
- Tooling to help improve web platform users’ productivity
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Proficiency in web application programming (OOP, LAMP, MERN)
- Substantial experience developing real-world web applications
- B.S., or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Desired Skills and Experience:
- NodeJs experience
- Experience with modern web technologies, such as React, Webpack, TypeScript, etc.
- 3+ years experience
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.