gerrieatgmail

How can I ramp up blank space??:??

gerrieatgmail
9 år sedan
Condo Living so I need the cabinet space and can not do away with the existing cabinet that faces into the dining area. Would like to do something to make the blank space pop a little. See Circled area on photo...

Kommentarer (13)

• Maureen
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Adding larger lights might do the trick. [houzz=
    Modified Telluride by Candlelight Homes · Mer info
    ];houzz=
    Scarsdale, NY Kitchen · Mer info
    ]
  • PRO
    Cooper Chase Construction Design Division
    9 år sedan
    Paint it an accent color.
  • Rina
    9 år sedan
    I do get why it bothers you -- it's a big empty expanse, right where you can't help seeing it. My fancy has a line of art deco or art nouveau tiles along there -- not to make it pop, simply to give it some interest and depth.
  • PRO
    Design Details
    9 år sedan
    Not everybody has such a generous ceiling height. I think the blank space expresses that generosity but a very large poster would accomplish the same thing.
  • PRO
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan
    Are you meaning the blank space above the cabinets? Or the open space showing the cabinets in order to distract your eye? :)
  • PRO
    Innovative Design Llc
    9 år sedan
    Simple hang some nice artwork there
  • PRO
    Colorful Concepts Interior Design
    9 år sedan
    Hi! We suggest first painting the area a shade darker than the other walls. This will give it more of a "blending into the background" effect. Also, hang some iron work in a dark color and either one large piece or two smaller pieces, but not three. By hanging a piece (or two) of ironwork rather than a piece of art, you will keep the electrical wires from the lights from interfering with the overall look. Cyan and Global Views have an assortment of wall art that we think could work for this space!
  • PRO
    Wallpaper Collective
    9 år sedan
    Try some wallpaper to add a splash of color! www.wallpaperwollective.com
  • PRO
    Expressive Interiors
    9 år sedan
    I think if you changed your lighting to a larger pendant and then hung them a little higher that your focus would be on the lighting and not the cabinet back. I agree that this isn't really something to highlight. Adding a different color or wallpaper will only draw your eye to it. Instead have the eye focus on a really interesting pendant.
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan
    Okay, this is just an idea. Not necessarily your style, but just to give you a visual. Another houzzer posted this, and I thought it was cool. Maybe it will give you ideas. Good luck! :)
  • PRO
    Laqfoil Ltd.
    9 år sedan
    There are many choices that we can offer with our product, stretch ceiling (which is not just for ceilings). A mural print, an outstanding colour, a shiny finish that reflects the lights.... stretch ceiling is terrific for kitchens as it does not pick up kitchen odours and can even block them from other parts of the home. It wipes clean easily as well, and it's fully recyclable.

Also, I recommend that you either shorten the length of the light supports so that the lights are centred on the blank wall, or lengthen them so that the entire fixture is below the edge of the wall from all viewing heights. The interference between the lights and the wall edge is what's causing this space to look awkward.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.