dredpir8

Distance between refrigerator and wall oven?

dredpir8
14 år sedan

Are there any requirements between the distance between a wall oven and the frig? I'm a little concerned about putting them side by side since they're kinda working at cross purposes.

Thanks,

Kommentarer (28)

• dcwesley
    14 år sedan

We are putting ours side-by-side, but I understand your concern. I felt the side of our current oven cabinet and it never felt warm. Can't tell you yet how the new layout will work for us as we are about a month away from install.

• rhome410
    14 år sedan

Door handle conflict is something to think about, but many people put the 2 appliances next to each other.

• nhbaskets
    14 år sedan

Ours are side by side. Hasn't been an issue at all.

• cookingrvc
    14 år sedan

I've got oven and refrigerator side by side with no problem.
    Sue

• dredpir8
    Författare
    14 år sedan

Great, thanks for your reassurance. =)

• elle222
    14 år sedan

Hi,

It is recommended that you have a landing space next to your refrigerator and next to your oven @ 15' minimum for each. As long as you have ample counter top space on each side, you should be fine. Or if you have an island directly across from these 2 appliances, you will also be fine. If you don't have enough counter space, you will find it rather inconvenient when taking things out of the ovens/ref. and putting things in.

Ellen

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Plans Drafting

• sweeby
    14 år sedan

IMPORTNAT: If your fridge is not a built-in, be safe and put in a 3" filler between the two cabinets. This is to allow the fridge door to open more than 90 degrees so you can open fruit & veggie compartments, meat drawers, etc. Built-ins have a different hinge system that usually doesn't require the extra space.

• jsweenc
    14 år sedan

dredpir8,

I missed it if you said it, but I would think it would make a difference whether you have SD or CD fridge. We got two bits of info about this, which we are planning to do as well, but we will have SD. WHen the cabinet guy showed us how much he allows for ovens against the side of our current fridge (also SD), he demonstrated that there would be no conflict. He typically builds a fridge surround 30" and oven surround 25". Of course if you have CD it will not be 30" out. They would be the same depth, as nhbaskets showed us.

THe other thing was what the appliance salesman (builders' direct supply, not big box) told us, which was to allow 3" between fridge and WO. He didn't say whether this was for clearance or heat issues (except DH asked the question from a heat standpoint).

However, I've seen it elsewhere on here that since the oven vents out the top, the sides don't get hot.

• weedmeister
    14 år sedan

The fridge doors need clearances to the sides in order to swing open fully. Some more than others. This is also an issue with the counter tops themselves.

• westsider40
    14 år sedan

bump

• PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    5 år sedan
    Nhbaskets
    Can you please call me 914 643 1772 . I want to know if the fridge door hits the oven handle in the photo
  • Lisa SW
    5 år sedan
    This thread is from 2010 so you may not hear back. Here’s my kitchen and a photo with fridge door fully open; it does not hit.
  • PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    5 år sedan
    Thanks what size filler is between fridge and oven ?
  • Lisa SW
    5 år sedan
    It’s a custom run of cabinets without filler. Looks to be about 2” from oven edge to cabinet edge
  • PRO
    User
    5 år sedan

1 1/2" fillers here.

• PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    5 år sedan
    My customer is using Monogram ZISS480DKSS refrigerator
    Next to a flush installed Monogram ZET9550SHSS wall oven. I plan on putting 3” stile in between but am not certain it is enough. Calls to GE haven’t been helpful. There are diagrams in the installation guide of the door opened but I’m still unsure
  • PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    5 år sedan
    My customer is using Monogram ZISS480DKSS refrigerator
    Next to a flush installed Monogram ZET9550SHSS wall oven. I plan on putting 3” stile in between but am not certain it is enough. Calls to GE haven’t been helpful. There are diagrams in the installation guide of the door opened but I’m still unsure
  • nhbaskets
    5 år sedan

Patrick, never had an issue with fridge door hitting oven.

• PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    5 år sedan
    Thanks for answering. Is the door limited to 90degrees?
    Can you tell me the size of the cabinet frame between the two appliances?
  • nhbaskets
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Patrick, this was in our former house, so I don't have access to measurement. The door did open >90 degrees. ETA: Fridge was counter-depth.

• PRO
    User
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

The counter depth Kitchenaid in my pic is able to open well past 90 as you can see. Regular depth, counter depth, and built ins will all have different math.

• PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    5 år sedan
    Thank you all I have the architects weighing in now so I’m going to see what they have to say
  • btina2
    3 år sedan

What did the architects say?

• PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    3 år sedan

The architect pushed back hard saying theres no problem.
    I refused to only put 1 1/2” between the fridge and oven. I put 3” between them an the architect added a stainless steel strip glued to the filler to make it look like 1 1/2” filler. The 3” worked with out doors hitting oven 1 1/2” would have been a problem.glad I stood my ground. Zoom in on picture the strip either side of the fridge is an applied strip of stainless steel .

• PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    3 år sedan

Specs were checked and presented to the architect
    She wouldn’t accept the document’s info. Wanted only 1 1/2” filler for symmetry over function.
    Calls to GE were long and useless. I sent them drawing of lay out with model numbers and their own rendering.

• PRO
    Patrick Magliocchino
    3 år sedan

Also oven was reused from previous kitchen. And the correct handle you speak of was” out of the question “ by the people in charge of design. Yes ,now that you mentioned it I remember the 2 different handles.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.