johnsoro25

Thought I was finished, now not so sure- please vote!

johnsoro25
8 år sedan

I finally got the panels over my fridge and freezer to be the right size. But now I keep staring at the space above them. I had asked for solid stock there, and that is what I have. But does it look unfinished?

Here is mine:

And here is my inspiration for the range/fridge wall:

Solid stock too. Is it the decorative side panel that is messing me up? Here are the voting options:

1. Keep as is, like the inspiration

2. Add a small matching panel above like this:

Or this:

3. Add an onlay like this:

Thanks for your input!!

Kommentarer (15)

• Texas_Gem
    8 år sedan

I agree. I would keep it as is and add a large decorative element on the hood mantle. It is where my eye was naturally drawn.

Very nice space!

johnsoro25 thanked Texas_Gem
  • tigger9759
    8 år sedan

I think it looks great as is; I would resist the pull to gild the lily as the rest of your kitchen seems to flow with the existing look

johnsoro25 thanked tigger9759
  • rebunky
    8 år sedan

I agree to leave it. I think it looks great as it is!

johnsoro25 thanked rebunky
  • jgentry
    8 år sedan

Another vote for leave it! Looks great. Very clean. Beautiful!

johnsoro25 thanked jgentry
  • Anne CK
    8 år sedan

Ditto with leaving it - your space is gorgeous. I think the small panels actually draw more attention as being out of place from the rest, and while the inlay is lovely, it seems to be a definitive style choice that in that image echoes the backsplash and handles. I think you've got such a beautiful setup as is, I think adding something would be over-working it.

johnsoro25 thanked Anne CK
  • Lavender Lass
    8 år sedan

I am going to be the voice of dissent....I think this panel above would look really nice and more finished.

johnsoro25 thanked Lavender Lass
  • Texas_Gem
    8 år sedan

To add on to what I said earlier, and risk embarrassing myself; when I initially looked at your post, I had to "search" for the fridge/freezer.

I literally spent a second or two trying to figure out what you were talking about because all I saw was your range and hood surrounded by cabinetry.

That is the point of paneling isn't it? To make appliances look like cabinets? Well yours successfully fooled me! ;)

I would be worried that any additional detail would draw attention to them.

johnsoro25 thanked Texas_Gem
  • Eric
    8 år sedan

I vote leave it. I think adding anything will actually distract more than compliment the space. Just my 2 pennies.

johnsoro25 thanked Eric
  • johnsoro25
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you all for helping me out! I appreciate the insight and ideas to add more bling to the hood mantle.

Lavender- thanks for braving the dissenting vote;)

Texas_Gem- your second comment really made me smile. That IS the idea behind paneling the integrated fridge- I love that you didn't see them!

I am going to leave it as is, and now I have a reason to go shopping for decor.

• daisychain01
    8 år sedan

Wow. Not often I like the real deal over the inspiration pick. Beautiful job. I think you are making the right decision. I know it's been said a million times here, but those little things that seem to stand out to the owner right after a remodel look fine after living with them for a while.

johnsoro25 thanked daisychain01
  • romy718
    8 år sedan

It looks perfect! Love the apron front toekick on the 3 stack of drawers next to it.

johnsoro25 thanked romy718
  • funkycamper
    8 år sedan

I love it as is. Very classy. However, I'm another voice of dissent because I think I'd like the hood better with nothing on it to draw the eye. Let the beautiful lines of that lovely wall of moldings and cabinetry speak for themselves without further stuff to get in the way. But I tend to be a minimalist so YMMV. )

johnsoro25 thanked funkycamper
  • PRO
    SolutionSmiths
    8 år sedan

I'd leave it. You have spent so much time planning and dreaming about the kitchen that you just need to get your mind to relax and enjoy what you have created. It is beautiful.

Houzz is great but it can make us a little (or more than a little) obsessed. Can I get an amen?

johnsoro25 thanked SolutionSmiths
  • dcward89
    8 år sedan

I also had to visually search around your photo for the fridge/freezer. I think it is perfect just like it is.

johnsoro25 thanked dcward89
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.