stokes21

Tablet for Contractors?

D M
8 år sedan

I had no idea where to post this so I picked this forum.

I am researching tablets for my Dad. He is a master electrician and would like something to carry around with him. I am looking for input from other contractors as to what they use on job sites. Functionality is obviously very important as well as connectivity to other devices. Currently, my DH and I are living in their house while we build our home but will be moving in a weeks time. At which time he will finally have the room back that will be his new office. He will have a desktop set up (I am convincing him to get a huge touch screen monitor) so the ability to connect the tab and transfer files to that would be important.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Kommentarer (3)

• User
    8 år sedan

You need to know exactly what functions he wants this tablet to perform on a jobsite. Does he want to e-mail? Should it be cellular or will wifi suffice? Does he need to access pdf files? How many files would he need to store. Are there specialized apps for his trade that would be handy? If so, are these Google or Apple based?
    This might help:

https://www.google.com/search?q=table+apps+for+electrician&oq=table+apps+for+electrician&aqs=chrome..69i57.11550j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

• PRO
    Hoffmann Homes
    8 år sedan

I am a builder and I just purchased an Ipad Pro. I really have enjoyed using it on the job. I am able to edit and mark pdf's with Bluebeam software which is only a $10.00 application purchased via Itunes.

Hope this helps!

Alan Hoffmann

• PRO
    Bravas DFW
    8 år sedan

Thanks for the Bluebeam recommendation, that looks like a great markup and collaboration tool that we can use as well.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.