bad959fl73

Best Color Match for New Wood Floors

bad959fl73
8 år sedan

I'm putting in new floors and I'm totally color blind! Can anyone provide feedback on the best match with my tile/cabinets/countertops? Is it better to have a contrast between the floors and cabinets or try to match them together? Thanks!

Kommentarer (9)

• Vertise
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

What areas are being done in hardwood? All flooring? The kitchen? Only the carpeted areas?

In the kitchen, you've already got dark cabinets and very dark counters. You do not want a dark floor too. It will suck all the light out of the room. It will also look very dull and flat overall without variation.

• bad959fl73
    Författare
    8 år sedan

The carpeted area of the living room is where the wood flooring will be. I just ordered the darker "walnut" so we will see how it goes. Hopefully the contrast between the floors and cabinets looks great. Here's a better photo of the walnut wood I chose.

• Vertise
    8 år sedan

Is that a new one? It doesn't look like any of the ones shown.

• bad959fl73
    Författare
    8 år sedan

It's the same one as the dark plank on far right in first photo with all 3 planks against cabinets. It looks different since the lighting in the store showroom is bright. Here is a photo of the llighter one (middle plank in photo next to cabinets). Amazing how lightning makes such a big difference.

• Vertise
    8 år sedan

Heads up that the dark floors show every crumb and speck of dust. Also note how much the fingerprints show on it in the first picture. Read around to be sure you are up for it.

• ci_lantro
    8 år sedan

Dark floors are an impractical choice unless you have full time 'staff' to keep up with them. Dark floors suck light out of a room and they are an absolute nightmare to keep looking clean.

• bad959fl73
    Författare
    8 år sedan

We have dark floors in our other property and they actually look great. It's an interior unit with limited natural light and the overall look/feel is fine (not too dark). The dirt/dust does show though. Here's a pic of those floors compared to the 2 wood options for our new project.

• Vertise
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I would call those installed floors more of a medium, not bad with particles or light. The dark walnut is much darker, very dark in some of the photos. It has bold, dramatic appeal, but does have its downsides.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.