back_yard_lap_pool

Pool Drain Question...

I ran across this upcoming pool drain and I am intrigued. It is a 20" diameter drain that can flow 384 gallons a minute.

I plan on (2) separate 3HP intelliflow pumps.

Question: Could I plumb a 4" drain line to this one monster drain and have it split to the two pumps at the equipment pad?

(Assuming I have a check valve and vac alert valve before each pump, would there be any other issues to consider?)

Seems like a really clean looking drain... and instead of having (4) 10" drains for the two pumps, I could have (1) 20" nearly invisible one...

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    Aqua-Link Pools and Spas
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I hadn't seen these yet. Intriguing. To answer your question, no you cannot. If your using the VS3050 that pump wil do 160gpm at 50 feet of head. A 4" line can only handle 240 gallons per minute to be within minimum defensible code compliance. Obvisouly you want to be below that for a just in case factor. With two pumps on one line you would be exceeding that. Shoot for 4.5 feet per second through your pipe. Some states require a 1.5 feet per second flow rate through each drain outlet. It's not always about the cover. Hope that helps.

• PRO
    www.SwimmingPoolSteve.com
    7 år sedan

It is not a terribly great idea to tandem pumps off of one suction line. They have a tendency to fight each other. With a vacuum lock safety installed on each I suspect that they would constantly be shutting each other off.

• PRO
    Inspired Pools and Watershapes
    7 år sedan

I have use the color match covers on many projects and am very happy with them. As others have stated, it is not the best idea to tie the two pumps into one drain. Would be best to use two, one for each pump, still better than four.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.