madismom5

carpeting help

madismom5
7 år sedan

Sure could use the great advice you all give. Our original carpet in the entire house (2 stories and 7 area's) needs to be replaced. Kids have grown and gone and we still have a few cats and dogs. We are considering cheap with Empire Carpet and A LOT more money with Costco but it looks like better carpet. HELP AND THANK YOU

Kommentarer (9)

• madismom5
    Författare
    7 år sedan

thank you for all the advice, sure appreciate it

• cat_mom
    7 år sedan

I had called the better business bureau to find out if there were any bad reports on some tile or carpet business, and during our conversation, the person at the BBB told me to avoid Empire (NJ). A lot of complaints about them apparently.

• PRO
    Kaleidoscope Color Consulting
    7 år sedan

generally speaking...local Mom & Pop shops that have been around for a while will not stear you wrong...like Monica said, don't let a sales person pressure you. The sales person should asses your needs then make recommendations.

Regarding poly vs nylon...if a client is trying to economize you can use a poly in a low traffic area and nylon in high traffic. Practical color, density and twist make a difference for the lasting appearance & durability too, not just the fiber. If the budget allows, nylon or wool are usually the best bet. Find a slaes person you feel like you trust since there are quite a few variables

Are you located in NJ?

• Eliza Munk
    7 år sedan

Monica has given a lot of useful information.It is better if you buy a carpet that has a stainmaster logo on it.Their warranties are transferable and they have long durability.

• User
    7 år sedan

Yeah, I'd avoid Empire, they have a very bad reputation in our area too. Actually my daughter and SIL had a rep over to get a quote and he WOULD NOT take no for an answer and leave their house until they signed a contract for purchase. My daughter had to eventually tell him leave or she'd call the police. It was quite scary for them. Even Home Depot would be a better option than Empire!

• PRO
    Kaleidoscope Color Consulting
    7 år sedan
    Lukkiirish that is terrible. Recently I went did a color consultation where they used Empire. The installation looked lousy and I would have never recommended the particular carpet for the type of use and abuse it will get on the main staircase.
  • User
    7 år sedan

That does not surprise me Kaleidoscope, their experience was horrible AND someone from my daughter's work had a similar though not as severe experience. This was several years ago though when they were brand new first home owners.

• monicakm_gw
    7 år sedan

Ask for their best installer. People do it all the time. You might have to wait a few days (maybe a couple weeks) longer but you'll be glad you did. There are a lot of carpet installers who have no business installing carpet :o

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.