mike_vanderbilt

Front door and trim paint

MDV
7 år sedan

Oh no! Should the front door casing have been left white to match the window trim or does it look okay paint it all the same color? It looks better in person. To be exact, the color is SW sealskin.

Kommentarer (12)

• MDV
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks do you think it looks weird or like the painter messed up?

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    7 år sedan

If the "painter" did it of his own accord, then I would say yes. It really is a matter of choice, mine would be white.

• PRO
    Paint sales at Home Depot
    7 år sedan

The door trim should have been painted with the rest of the woodwork in the room. the door itself is kind of optional. It is done both ways.

• paintguy22
    7 år sedan

I would leave it. I think it looks good like that.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    7 år sedan

Looks fine to me. I think if the trim was white, it would make the door color pop. Not in a good way. Too much contrast.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    7 år sedan

Flip a coin! Truly personal taste, and in the end it's only paint and can easily be changed.

• PRO
    Kaleidoscope Color Consulting
    7 år sedan

It looks nice the way it is :)

• PRO
    Old House Guy LLC
    7 år sedan

The door casing MUST match the other casing in the house. People may say it looks nice but they are dead wrong. The interior door itself should also match. Exterior doors can be a contrasting color but never ever the trim there either.

• PRO
    7 år sedan

Geez, "the door MUST match the other casing". There is no must in decorating. It is up to the tastes of the homeowner. I would agree that the conventional way would be that all woodwork in an area be the same, but hay,"whatever floats your boat"!

• PRO
    Old House Guy LLC
    7 år sedan

Yes there is MUST in decorating to do it right. Of course a homeowner can do whatever they want but it definitely will NOT look right. Our minds need to see balance and rhythm. Like it or not that's how it works!

• PRO
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Fine Old House Guy, be happy in your dogmatic, regimented, one size fits all view. If such views were true, styles and decorating trends would never change. Interior decorators would be unnecessary and out of a job. By the way, do you still sit on the HOA architectural committee? :)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.