sokkat

Need Less Light (really)

sokkat
7 år sedan

I bought lovely wall sconces for over my bed. They take 40 Watt E12 bulbs. I feel like I have tried every bulb on amazon (warm, soft, LED, etc) but they all seem SO bright. I'm sure this is the reverse issue for most, but I need weaker bulbs!

Any tips for finding just the right lackluster bulb to give a very soft glow for reading? What kind of bulb should I try? Is it safe to go lower wattage? Help, please!

Kommentarer (6)

• Joseph Futral
    7 år sedan

Well, first I would think you don't _have_ to use 40 watt. Why not try 15 or 25 watt?

Second, you could install a dimmer switch.

Joe

• sokkat
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks Joe, I wasnt sure if it was safe to use such a significantly lower watt bulb

• PRO
    Artisan Crafted
    7 år sedan

Agreed with Joseph - sounds like a dimmer switch may be your best choice.

• sokkat
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thank you both for responding! Unfortunately a dimmer switch is not an option. These are really like lamps - they are corded sconces with individual switches mounted to a wall and plugged into a regular outlet. Otherwise I would definitely take the dimmer advice. Hopefully a lower wattage bulb does the trick! Thanks again

• homepro01
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

Sokoloff,

Look for a plug in lamp dimmer switch from Lutron. Here is the link to the one for the Caseta system but they make a stand alone system also. The Caseta comes with a remote and the other has the dimmer on the cord. I know the Caseta one has two outlets for two lamps.

Good luck!

• Joseph Futral
    7 år sedan

Lower wattage won't cause any problems other than it won't get brighter if you ever need it to.

Joe

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.