catsandhippies

Pollinating a conjoined flower

catsandhippies
7 år sedan

Has anybody ever pollinated a conjoined flower with two stigmas? I plan to try pollen of two different varieties on this flower of Rebecca and wonder how the pods may look like?

Anja

Kommentarer (6)

• catsandhippies
    Författare
    7 år sedan

OK, I tried Santiago and Rosario. I also dusted the two flowers next to the conjoined with pollen of these two varities to see if they take at all. I marked the Rosario Stigma.

Let's see what happens...

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I Googled pollinated conjoined flowers and came up with nothing, so Anja, you just might be making history!! ;-)) (but of course, just because I couldn't find anything doesn't mean that it's not there somewhere.....)

• PRO
    Texas Amaryllis Nursery
    7 år sedan

Hello Anja,

I have pollinated several conjoined florets in the past. Have one this year that is forming a pod. I have attached a photo of one from a few years ago. Have done each pistil with different pollen and tried the same pollen on both. In most cases they have formed pods with fully developed seeds. The only problem with pollinating with different pollen is keeping the lineage distinct. I use string tags and it is hard to keep separate. Have tried making notes and marking ovaries with a marker. Good luck with pollinating your conjoined florets. Let us know how it goes.

catsandhippies thanked Texas Amaryllis Nursery
  • PRO
    Texas Amaryllis Nursery
    7 år sedan

Found another conjoined seed pod.

catsandhippies thanked Texas Amaryllis Nursery
  • dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    7 år sedan

Very interesting!! Thanks for sharing these pictures!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.