dbvid

amaryllis no offsets

dbvid
6 år sedan

I have two huge amaryllis bubs that do not produce offsets. Why? I have many others that produce quite well. They are in the ground produce 3 huge stalks but no offsets. Thank you for the help.

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    Texas Amaryllis Nursery
    6 år sedan

What cultivars are they? Are they the same as the ones that do produce offsets? Some cultivars produce offsets freely and others do not. I know some breeders that select out for varieties that hardly produce offsets. That way all the energy goes into producing larger bulbs and more scapes. I notice your bulbs that do not produce offsets do produce three scapes. I have found that cultivars based on species such as Hippeastrum striatum, H. blossfeldiae, H. equestre, H. pailio, and H. petiolatum tend to readily produce offsets.

• dbvid
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank you. I'm not sure the name. It ia a beautiful peach color. I wish I had a picture that shows the size of the bulb.

• PRO
    Texas Amaryllis Nursery
    6 år sedan

Great picture. Reminds me of Desert Dawn, an old Hadeco variety. I have it and can say it does not readily produce offsets.

• dbvid
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank You!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.