mickmurphed

What to Spend on Kitchen Hardware?

M M
6 år sedan

We're working on pricing out a kitchen remodel and have no idea where to scrimp and where to splurge. This will be our first major house project. Our cabinets will be Dura Supreme in White or Classic White and we are in love with these Ashley Norton pulls in the dark bronze (far left option) for the drawers. They're $35/each, though. If we're looking to keep our remodel under $40K would it be insane to spend that much on cabinet hardware? Our house is under $600K if that helps put anything into perspective. We've found a knockoff version (bottom photo) for 1/3rd the price but it's more of a solid matte black and a different material. Close enough?

Kommentarer (16)

• PRO
    Savvy Cabinetry Design Interiors
    6 år sedan

We love Dura Supreme and because you are getting a great painted product we suggest you get hardware that you not only love, but keeps your hands and fingers off your cabinets and protect that finish. If you love them - go for it.

• Christy Reves
    6 år sedan

How many will you need? You could use the 35$ ones on some drawers and mix in some pulls on others. I have a hard time justifying a huge part of budget on hardware unless it is exceptionally unique. The second choice is very close. Congrats on new home.

M M thanked Christy Reves
  • Fori
    6 år sedan

I'm quite the snob. I'd get the knockoffs. Actually I'd get one of each and look hard at them. Then I'd probably get the knockoffs. They look pretty equivalent on the internet. :)

M M thanked Fori
  • acm
    6 år sedan

Honestly, there are plenty of good $5 pulls out there. I'm not sure I'd spend that much unless I was getting something truly unique!!

Hickory Hardware 3 In. Refined Rustic Black Iron Cabinet Pull · Mer info

Hickory Hardware Carbonite Collection Pull, 4" C/C - Black Iron · Mer info

Berenson BER-4068-1055-P Matte Black Drawer Pulls · Mer info

Traditional Metal Pull, 3 3/4" (96 mm) CC, Matte Black · Mer info

Berenson Cabinet Pull 3.94"x0.38"x1.38", Matte Black · Mer info

• M M
    Författare
    6 år sedan

acm, you are awesome! That carbonate pull is dead-on! :) :) :) :)

• M M
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Fori is not pleased, I like that you preface that you're a snob and even you would get the knockoffs. I'm trying not to have champagne taste on my beer budget so that puts it into perspective for me!

• Audrey
    6 år sedan

I'm with acm, there are a lot of knock-offs out there that are really beautiful. I say save your money there, and put it in a kitchen aid pull out from Rev-a-shelf or something!

M M thanked Audrey
  • M M
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Thank you, all! JAN MOYER, you've been really helpful in other threads too! Love Houzz!

• FeatherBee
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

I walked into Restoration Hardware a while back and wanted some $30 knobs & pulls and I had to have the "talk" with myself. I later found a very nice option from Lowes that was $8. The product from Lowes didn't feel cheap at all. It had weight to it and has held up excellent.

So my point is, give the cheaper option a try. There are lots of quality products that cost less and function the same.

• aprilneverends
    6 år sedan

usually people splurge on stuff that's important to them, whether everyone can understand rationale behind it, or not

having said that-15 per piece would be enough a big splurge to me, and our house is significantly over 600 K..and I'm the one who's really ready to spend on detail, accessories, etc.,

I'm also a snob, so as a true snob I get many pieces second hand lol

The problem with a kitchen though-you need a lot of pieces..reduces second hand options that can be unique, beautiful, very high quality and much less expensive, overall.

It is the last choice you're making, you have time until the install..if you like the look of knock offs and they seem to be well made, go for them, alternatively look for sales and promotions that more expensive stores might run.

It's a simple pleasant shape, you shouldn't have problem finding it all over the range.

Fori's suggestion to get samples first is a very smart one.

M M thanked aprilneverends
  • Kathryn P
    6 år sedan

I would (and did) spend $30ish on an appliance pull. I'm talking a 12 inch pull where options are far more limited. For a typical pull I'd stick to the $5-7 range. As acm shows, keep digging and you'll find something you're just as happy with in that price point.

• Caroline Hamilton
    6 år sedan

I spent $1200 on Schaub knobs and pulls (on sale!) for our kitchen remodel and have no regrets whatsoever. I think they really pulled everything together.

• FeatherBee
    6 år sedan

aprilneverends - love the honesty !! LOL!!

For the record, the cheaper pulls/knobs that I ordered from Lowes were found online and special order. They looked just like the RH ones I saw. I'm the type of person who wants all the fun and fancy items but my house isn't high end so I try to find unique pieces that don't break the bank.

• M M
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Love all of these comments!

• PRO
    User
    6 år sedan

If you cannot tell the difference buy the cheap knob.

M M thanked User
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.