shirley_huberty

Pendants or Can lighting?

Shirley Huberty
6 år sedan

We are in the process of having the cabinet drop removed and also the small soffit to the left. Now I am really undecided whether I should have pendant lighting or can lighting above my stove and the 2 small counter tops on the left and right. I have seen

pendants over Islands but not usually over stoves. We are replacing the fluorescent lighting above my sink and having 3 can lights in its place. The eating area have a ceiling and with a light and no other lighting will be added as we have plenty of light there. Thanks.

Kommentarer (9)

• PRO
    Lisa's Creative Designs
    6 år sedan

I would add a pendant to the left and to the right of the stove.

• beth09
    6 år sedan

Ditto rantontoo.

Shirley Huberty thanked beth09
  • opaone
    6 år sedan

I assume you're talking about either side of the hood? Pendants might get greasy so from that standpoint I'd stick with cans.

Shirley Huberty thanked opaone
  • Sammy
    6 år sedan

I have two sizes of can lighting in my kitchen: 4" cans (x2) above my island cooktop for task lighting (instead of pendants) and 6" cans for general lighting in rest of kitchen. Works well for me!

Shirley Huberty thanked Sammy
  • PRO
    Niche Interiors
    6 år sedan

I'd recommend can lights since the lighting is directly over a stove.

Shirley Huberty thanked Niche Interiors
  • Shirley Huberty
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I have seen some can lighting with stainless trim pieces or white? Thought maybe stainless because I have stainless appliances. Thoughts?

• User
    6 år sedan

Cans, but I loathe pendants. Also, removing the soffit would be nice.

Shirley Huberty thanked User
  • armchairshopper
    6 år sedan

I hope that you are installing some sort of ventilation for that range: either a hood or a downdraft.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.