deb_borges

Kazak rugs/Persian rug - affordable options

Deb Soares
6 år sedan
I’ve fallen in love with the look of bright white simple Scandinavian/mid century modern with a gorgeous colored rug. Problem is all the rugs I have loved are $3-4K plus. Looking for an alternative to Kazak rugs that still create the same look. All the moderately priced ones just don’t look right. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Kommentarer (25)

• jck910
    6 år sedan

save and buy the good rug otherwise you won't be happy

• aprilneverends
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

have you checked vintage sites, auction sites, ecarpetgallery, etc?

I have the same problem as you but one can get lucky by signing up to various sites putting whatever he wants in the seach, getting notifications about new sales

(my problem is even this way they all 3-4 to 10 grand..the ones I like..but I don't have clear parameters..it's just whatever strikes me. you at least know for sure what you're looking for. that's already a way to success..)

sign up for eBay, Chairish, Viyet, rubylane, Everything But The House, Invaluable, Etsy..in short everything. Some will have new by the way, like Viyet might have several new models. You can make offers on some of the sites. Of course has its minuses-sometimes you'll find things locally..but if it's a big rug that will need to be shipped and no good return policy, it can be unpleasant if you're not crazy about it in real life.

Ecarpetgallery has good return policy as far as I remember and they carry new rugs too

now I must add that I myself behave like jck said..I plainly can't bring myself to buy anything lol because I need to be deadly sure it's THE rug

(Frankly I'd like to have three rugs, but whatever))

But as I said. At least your sense of direction is clear.

• janedoe2012
    6 år sedan
    Ebth.com

The great think about a real, handknotted rug is that no matter how old and worn it gets (and that takes decades), there is still someplace you can use it, and they just don’t show dirt.
  • My3dogs ME zone 5A
    6 år sedan

Craigslist may be an option, or eBay. I have been able to buy gorgeous Karastan and vintage wool rugs from both. Not Karastan, but this one is on 'my' CL now - All-natural wool Indian rug. 96 x 60" - $80

• Najeebah
    6 år sedan
    Get an inexpensive rug, and deliberately earn and save to the 3/4k ones.
  • Lois Huneycutt
    6 år sedan

Keep looking at estate sales and even church rummage sales. A lot of younger people don't know the value of the rugs their parents have and want to replace them with something more "modern." I got a lovely 8x10 hand-knotted rug (I think it was made in India) for $75 dollars at a church sale once.

• PRO
    Sombreuil
    6 år sedan

You mean Kazaks have gone up in price? I bought a 10x14, 5x8 (super nice for a Kazak) , and a 4x5 from a rug store for 3500 12 years ago.

• eplumeng
    6 år sedan

It depends on your budget but our living room rug is very similar to the pic you posted (Kazak) and we got it at esalerugs.com, which is popular on this board. I think it was $1900 which is still very expensive! It's one of those sites that always seems to have a 50% sale so I wouldn't buy one from there unless they're having a sale. Free shipping and returns and they post a ton of pics so you have a good idea of what you're getting. I thought the quality was very good. Love ours!

Also I have this blog post bookmarked- Etsy and eBay stores with cheapish vintage rugs...

https://biggerthanthethreeofus.com/where-to-buy-affordable-vintage-rugs/

• Deb Soares
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thank you!
  • hummingalong2
    6 år sedan
    Ebay
  • beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    6 år sedan

ecarpetgallery also offers vintage rugs, which might help.

http://www.ecarpetgallery.com/search/vintage-large-tribal

And sign up for the emails for the frequent sales. NEVER play full price!

• DH
    6 år sedan
    be friends with a persian and hope they gift it to you

ha ha just kidding
  • DH
    6 år sedan
    jokes aside, my parents had a neighbor who owned a rug store or whatever theyre called??? and he and his wife gave them an expensive handmade grand persian 11 x 13 i think for only 500. instead of the 4300 price tag because they had to move the store out of florida to california and it was one of the last selections
    but this was back in the 80s
  • P Banos
    6 år sedan

Try Noori rugs & Manhattan rugs.

Search multiple sites for the identical rug. For instance the same rug here may be 20% less listed on overstock. Then call in person and negotiate to beat the best price.

You should be able to find a decent grade Super Kazak from Pakistan 9*12 for under $2000.

Then also get a felt pad for comfort and to extend the life of the rug.

A good hand knotted wool rug will last for decades.

Deb Soares thanked P Banos
  • aprilneverends
    6 år sedan

shipping on EBTH..agree wholheartedly..unless you're next to it and can pick it up..

(smaller things make sense. big rug..)

found another site

http://handknotted.com/kazak-rugs?cvosrc=ppc.google.%2Bkazak%20%2Brug&cvo_crid=233257902600&Matchtype=b&cvo_adgroup=49238767896&cvo_cid=987892749&cvo_copy=233257902600%2Bkazak%20%2Brug&cvo_campaign=Persian|Oriental_Beta&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7e6Uipz41wIVDYp-Ch0mwgOuEAAYBCAAEgIPY_D_BwE

PS nosoccermom what an amazing site! the liveauctioneers. bad for my budget..good for my soul))

• PRO
    Esmaili Rugs and Antiques, Inc.
    6 år sedan

aprilneverends

By the way, EBTH is changing how they do things...they are shipping the majority of sales (nationwide) to their headquarters in Blue Ash, OH and leaving the larger furniture items for the local sales; hence, you have to pay for $$$shipping on the smaller ticket items that would normally stayed at the local sale. UGH...

• aprilneverends
    6 år sedan

yes..I saw some changes on their website, but couldn't exactly figure out why they changed their ways of showing locations..ok makes sense now...thank you!

• Sueb20
    6 år sedan

I have a very similar rug to the one you pictured. It’s from esalerugs. I’m very happy with it! They have a lot, but here is one example:

http://esalerugs.com/red-8x11-kazak-oriental-rug-22195612

Deb Soares thanked Sueb20
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 år sedan

You can check Sherwans rugs also.

here is an article about Kazak Rugs Guide.

Deb Soares thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • User
    6 år sedan

Have you tried ikea?

• nikkimer555
    6 år sedan

What do you think of this one?

Kazak-Made in India-hand woven all wool -a little over 6x9

It's on craigslist-Phila.-antique section-only $425

Kazak Rug · Mer info

Kazak Rug · Mer info

Kazak Rug · Mer info

Deb Soares thanked nikkimer555
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.