kjciarmella

KITCHEN FLOORING

Katie Ciara
6 år sedan
Hello. We are starting to get ideas for our future kitchen reno. All cabinets will be painted white, light backsplash & counters, new stainless steel appliances. We are NOT fans of the current beig-ey tile with dirty grout that is in our kitchen. With all the cosmetic changes we plan to make we are stuck on what to do with the flooring. Do we try and match the wood in our connected family room? Or do a new tile in a lighter shade to compliment the changes? Photos are the kitchen in its current state and then the floor of the family room (wood) with the step up the kitchen (tile).

Kommentarer (9)

• glennsfc
    6 år sedan

Agree. Adding to existing, especially weave in of new to old does require what SJ McCarthy says, "a professional hardwood flooring installer"..."sand and finish" expert.

• PRO
    Berlin Flooring Inc
    6 år sedan

It's unanimous...add new hardwood to match your existing wood, and have everything sanded, stained, and finished by a pro. Looks like you have red oak, it's easy to match for the new floor, and you could do a light grey stain on the oak for a clean, modern look.

• glennsfc
    6 år sedan

Ooops! Just reread your post and see that there is a step down...no need for weave in.

Just be sure that the hardwood floor contractor matches the specie' as well as the width, cut and typical lengths to what you have.

• kim k
    6 år sedan

another vote for wood!

• PRO
    Mysha's Flooring Company
    6 år sedan

Change tiles with wood. Refinish old wood definitely, it seems to me that you have a prefinished white oak flooring, make sure before you buy new floors to have a flooring guy come out and do a bit of sanding to determine if the existing floor is white oak or red oak as they take stain differently and not easy to match. I am 99% positive it's white oak based on the grain of the wood, also if you refinish make sure that they sand out completely the bevels as they are pre stained and any stain you will use wil not stick, would be strange having thrm refinished and thr bevels showing different colors. In the kitchen use unfinished as most of prefinished ones have beveles.....

• glennsfc
    6 år sedan

I agree with Mysha that what you have is probably prefinished oak flooring. I see white oak also, but this could be a mix of white and red. Yes, I have seen this in some prefinished oak floors.

• PRO
    Uptown Floors
    6 år sedan

Almost looks like a V groove hardwood. Somewhat related.

• PRO
    KBM Event Consulting
    3 år sedan

I know this is long ago but looking to take on a similar project and would love to see how yours turned out!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.