sherrygirl5

J daylilies 2018

No J daylilies for me, had one, it was removed from the garden last season to make room. Today's quote: " The biggest lie I tell myself is, " I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it. "

Sherry

Kommentarer (30)

• daylilybedmaker
    6 år sedan

Here are the J's from my garden:

Jack Be Nimble: Vigorous, tall and long blooming.

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis: First year in the ground for me. Too early to tall, but it bloomed well and flowers were consistent. Hoping that the pink color is stronger this year.

Janet Grebus Murphy: Quick to multiply. Out of Beautiful Edgings.

Jay Farquahar: Very nice purple. Adapts to being divided frequently. I seem to divide it every year, as visitors want to purchase a piece of it.

JAZZ ME BLUES: A Bud Bennett intro out of Lavender Blue Baby. This one grows like a weed.

JELLYFISH JEALOUSY: Fantastic plant. Takes a couple of years to get established. Booms over a long period of time.

JERRY HYATT: One of my favorite purples. This is one of the many different faces.

JOHANNA KLEIN STRACK: Nice pony sized bloom. I love the peach eye.

JT DAVIS: Not the best picture. Color is usually more toward cream white. Slow to increase. Not as many blooms as I would like.

Jubilee Ball: Another Bud Bennett intro. This is one of his taller ones. I like this one a lot.

Part 2 to follow

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker
    6 år sedan

PART 2

JUNGLE BEAUTY: Nice near black daylily

JUST ANOTHER YELLOW: This one just glows and substance is like cardboard.

JELYFISH JEALOUSY in a clump

Another face of Jerry Hyatt

JACK BE NIMBLE: Has nice branching.

Thanks for looking.

David

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • samhain10 - 5a
    6 år sedan

David - so many gorgeous ones! Jellyfish Jealousy is one I've been admiring in the photos all year, as is Jerry Hyatt. Do you have a website?

Alex

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked samhain10 - 5a
  • AaronK79
    6 år sedan

Jamie Sue

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked AaronK79
  • celeste/NH
    6 år sedan

If I had to narrow down my massive collection of daylilies to just a few, JERRY HYATT would always live here. I love everything about this great performing daylily. A personal favorite!

JOLYENE NICHOLE (yes, she is very short.....but what a fast increaser, great bud count, just blooms forever for me)

JIM BROWN

JOHN JACOB

JOHN KARL SEAGER (love the color of this one)

JASON MARK (a small flowered one, nothing about it excites me but it stays because it flowers well)

JOCELYN'S ODDITY (another small flowered one, stays because it's unique)

Last ones, below in comments.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste/NH
  • celeste/NH
    6 år sedan

JAMIE DOCKERY (amazing color, the color reminds me of Claudine's Charm)

JOAN DERIFIELD (a great plant and stunning blooms)

JODY ANN (if you like daylilies with strong scapes and great bud count, this one is it)

Blooms have great substance too and it's a true pink for me.

JAY FARQUHAR (I really wanted this one because it's stunning....but it has been a poor performer here in zone 4. It obviously dislikes my cold winters since it has never clumped up and blooms are few and far between.)

JUST FOR BREAKFAST

JACKIE BACHMAN

JULIE PATCHOULY

• del_s
    6 år sedan

John's Heritage

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked del_s
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

I finally got my sling off so now I can type decently.

Jamaican Rita doesn't increase much but reliably reblooms for us.

Jane's Prism is another that reliably reblooms. I am afraid it might not like this winter.

Janet's Magic put on a show last summer. It's color is a little too washed out for me.

Jaws of Life is one of Bob's favorite color combinations.

Jena Sallenger is a rather striking bicolor with a pea green throat.

That's all I have today.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • samhain10 - 5a
    6 år sedan

Nancy - I forgot you'd had surgery on your - was it shoulder specifically? Glad to hear you're out of the sling!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked samhain10 - 5a
  • PRO
    don fiore company, inc.
    6 år sedan

Daylilies are one of our favorites in the garden! So many to choose from and never a let down

• avedon_gw
    6 år sedan

Jolyene Nichole--lovely flowers, but very short scapes.

Joan Senior--best white

Julianna Lynn--lovely edge, no eye DL

"Jean's Joyful Noise"--chance seedling named for my sister--excellent grower

Jean Swann--my favorite double

Just Plum Happy--bonus plant, had to be caged because of rabbit nibbling, hope to make better evaluation this year. It has been moved.

Jan Zoo--a Goldner that does well for us.

Jellyroll Truffle--starts the season as a single, which doesn't do much for me, but then later on this is what happens:

Jellyroll Truffle as a double, much better.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked avedon_gw
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    6 år sedan

Gorgeous J's.

Janice Brown

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • signet_gw(6b)
    6 år sedan

Here are some of my J daylilies in no particular order .

I added Jamie Dockery last season but only saw one bloom and wouldnt you know, I forgot to photograph it but if it grows anything like Celeste's photo's I will be a very happy camper.

Joan Derifield

Joseph's Coat .....one of my favourites

Joan Senior
    John Peat
    John Karl Seager
    Just Plain Bill .

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • Pat
    6 år sedan

I really like Just Plain Bill a lot in our zone.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Pat
  • Pat
    6 år sedan

The alphabet seems to be going by so fast. I can't keep up. (That's what happens when you get old.)

J.T. DAVIS - Pretty tender here but does manage to live and rebloom. I've been hybridizing with it some.

Here's a seedling I got from Larry Grace - J.T. Davis x Delta Blues. The branching and bud count when I saw it in his garden were amazing. Even here, it has achieved up to 6 branches and 35+ buds, with rebloom and fragrance. I think JT Davis is worth working with even in zone 6b.

JELLY MAKER - Obviously too tender for here but I'm using it's pollen some.

I put together JT Davis and Jelly Maker and got this seedling that seems to be semi-evergreen.

JERRY HYATT - A good plant, reblooms here, does that color morphing thing, good bud count

JINXY - 4 branches, 25 buds, instant rebloom

JOAN DERIFIELD - I think a very great plant and I'm sorry to hear Melanie Mason is phasing out of daylilies.

JOHN COLTRANE

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Pat
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Daylily99, Jurassic Mosquito is a wonderful creation! The seedling you got from Grace is a beauty!

Sherry

• mantis__oh
    6 år sedan

My experience with Jay Farquhar is the same as Celeste's, but add many splotches to the problems.

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis --lovely, but scapes were shorter than the previous year and probably suffers from generalized Smith short scapes.

Jamaican Love --good year last year
    Jedi Tequilla Sunrise --reliable and long blooming old one, even if colors aren't as bright as some newer ones.
    Jelly Roll Morton --don't know why people aren't rushing to get this superior cultivar

Jamie Dockery --not evaluated yet;
    Jerry Hyatt --good and hybridizers love it. But not that tall here and top branching.
    Joe the Plumber --wonderful scapes, with flowers always nicely spaced
    Jim's Song --large, even if rather plain, red that was expecially nice last year; blooms earlier
    Jeweled Tiara --a nice Joiner double
    Jan Zoo --great color

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • mantis__oh
    6 år sedan

Jungle Jack Joiner --does okay, but scapes a bit short last year

JT Davis --produces some beautiful flowers here, but I agree it is short and would prefer more warmth.
    Jessica Lynn Bell --have my doubts how it will do here
    Jersey Girl --older Stamile
    Julianna Lynn --quite reliable; wish it were larger
    Jackie Kropf --not sure how it will do over time, but has bloomed consistently (though not always with regular scape height).

• DebbieON zn4-5
    6 år sedan

Jellyroll Morton

Jennifer Trimmer - short, have it near the front of the border

Journey to Oz

Jurassic Spider

Jambalaya

Jammin With Jane
    John R. Pike

Just As I Am I love this bicolor, but the earwigs like it too, lots of splochiness.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked DebbieON zn4-5
  • celeste/NH
    6 år sedan

Mantis__oh and DebbieON.....you have both convinced me I MUST get Jellyroll Morton! It has been on my 'must have' list for years now but haven't been able to locate it. I have good success with Hansons here and want to add it to my collection. Joe the Plumber looks like a great plant too. And Jan Zoo has great color! John R. Pike has interesting form. Daylilly99....I like your intro Joy to You and Me as well. Very nice.

• Brad KY 6b
    6 år sedan

I've been wanting Jellyroll Morton for years but somehow I've never gotten it. Daylily99-I really like Johnny On the Spot. Also your JURASSIC MOSQUITO.

Celeste: I really like Jamie Dockery. It always captures my attention when posted. I do have Jolyene Nichole and really like it. It took about 5 years or so to really get going, and last year it finally did well.

Debbie-I really like the color and form of John R. Pike

Jack Sprat

Joan Senior. It's hard to capture the whiteness.

Jolyene Nichole

Judge Roy Bean. The clump will produce all different heights and different sizes of blooms, though generally it is very large. Unique.

Joan Derifield. Just beautiful.

That's all for me.

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • mantis__oh
    6 år sedan

Jean Swann

Jersey Spider--would prefer more scapes, but has managed to stay here with later display
    Jellyfish Jealousy
    Joan Derifield --widely grown

• DebbieON zn4-5
    6 år sedan

Brad and Mantis, I got John R. Pike many years ago, as it is supposed to be a poly, and I like polys. Unfortunately, it rarely polys here, however, I like it anyway, it is a vigorous grower here, and has a high bud count.

This is not the best clump shot, but gives you an idea.

John R. Pike...again

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked DebbieON zn4-5
  • shive
    6 år sedan

I would love to have Jellyroll Morton, but it's hard to come by.

Jamaican Love

Jungle Queen

Joan Derifield

Janet and Bill

Jeanne Deaver's Dream

Jitterbug Blues

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Brad KY 6b
    6 år sedan

Debra, Jeanne Deaver's Dream is quite interesting.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    6 år sedan

David: I really like Just Another Yellow. Nice bold flat face in your picture. I grew Jay Farquhar a couple of years ago. I didn't care for it and it didn't care for me. Splotch problems for one thing and it didn't like my heat. Celeste: I was madly looking for Just For Breakfast the other day. Only place I found it was way north. They ship way too late for my area. It's a really nice yellow. Avedon: I was looking at your pictures of Jean Swann and this daylily looks like it really goes to town for you. A nice double. Mantis: The one that made me blink was Joe the Plumber. I'm going to try and source it. Debbie: What a picture of John R. Pike, it and Jammin with Jane lure me into the UF zone. Daylily 99. My favorite is your Joy to you and Me. Very nice clump shot....Debra: Janet and Bill is my favorite of your J's.............Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • tarheelgirl_7b
    6 år sedan

A couple J’s in my garden:

JAMAICAN ME CRAZY

JESSICA LYNN BELL - early morning photo

Thanks for looking!

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    6 år sedan

Jessica Lynn Bell looks luscious Lori...........Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • signet_gw(6b)
    6 år sedan

I agree with Maryl Jessica Lynn Bell ......what a lovely soft girly type bloom . Love it !

Debra , Jitterbug Blues is my pick ! Nice nice nice

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.