laura_lombra

What would you do in this FOYER space...without having a round table?

L L
6 år sedan

I'm curious to get thoughts on how you would decorate this foyer, without having a center round table blocking the space. The dimensions of the foyer are 9' x 20' and the 2 walls on the side are 68" and 72".

Kommentarer (22)

• User
    6 år sedan

I'm a traditionalist. I would put in a grandfather clock in the corner and antique "hall" tables -- a couple -- one on each side, flanked by chairs if you wish. And a pretty Oriental rug in the middle.

• PRO
    Diane Leone Design
    6 år sedan

From the photos, if I am seeing the foyer correctly, you could have a foyer table on the right against the wainscotting with a beautiful mirror over it and perhaps a chair and accent table in the upper left corner. The Chandelier is beautiful and does beg a round table but I doesn't demand it.

• L L
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I was thinking of putting 2 console tables (more transitional not traditional) on each of those 2 walls. The chandelier has to go, I would like something a little more modern (less height b/c my hubby is 6'2" and can't walk directly under lol

• graywings123
    6 år sedan

The chandelier almost calls out for a table under it. How about a large beautiful rug, a bench for those who need to remove shoes, then two large pieces of artwork and a more contemporary light fixture.

• L L
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Denita I love those colors...lamps and tables too!

• L L
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

UPDATE:

I started with paint. White Dove on the trim, Balboa Mist on the walls, black front doors inside and out and new chandelier. I will be adding a chest with a mirror on the wall right next to the door and a taller etagere on the other wall.

• cawaps
    5 år sedan

Nice! The new door color is great.

L L thanked cawaps
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    5 år sedan

I would go with two identical console tables/side tables and wall decor above.

• PRO
    5 år sedan

Or may be with two mirrors?

• L L
    Författare
    5 år sedan

This is the chest and mirror I plan to use:

• L L
    Författare
    5 år sedan

and I was thinking of this etagere on the other wall...or should I do twin tables?

https://www.perigold.com/furniture/pdp/hooker-furniture-kinsey-etagere-bookcase-hkr11206.html?source=hotdeals

• L L
    Författare
    5 år sedan

and a big round rug in the middle...

• Denita
    5 år sedan

I like the twin dressers better than the etagere for that space.

L L thanked Denita
  • PRO
    5 år sedan

Your choice on chest and mirror is great! I would go symmetrical.

• PRO
    5 år sedan

Here is your etagere

Different wood color.

Even if you get metal etagere...

twins chests is better choice.

L L thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • L L
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Celery girl I agree the twin dressers make a much bigger statement
  • suezbell
    5 år sedan

Snake plants. A large round or square planter on wheels filled with the plants, tallest variety in the center, surrounded by the mid-height variety, surrounded by the shorter variety -- with planter setting atop a round or square rug of your favorite color.

• L L
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    I quite like the chests. It’s a chest and not a dresser.
  • Nap z7b (TN)
    5 år sedan
    following
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.