amyearlington

Need Some Design Thoughts: Beach Condo Living / Dining Space

amy e
6 år sedan

Beach condo that I replacing all the furniture (everything in the pictures is being sold). I already have the TV mounted where I want it. The only 2 items that are important to me are: (1) I would like to keep with a grey and white base color with turquoises and blues and (2) I want either a floating shelf to be used as a desk for a laptop OR a stand alone desk that faces my window so I can look outside.

I have two couches picked out: 1 from Rooms To Go, Cindy Crawford Home Madison Place Platinum 2 Pc Sectional - right facing chaise or 1 from City Furniture, Wynn Light Gray Microfiber Right Chaise Sectional.

This is what i need help with (at least from a design standpoint, lol). if I chose the RTG couch, I will place it under the window and have room to place a floating shelf under the window and have room to extend it towards the entrance door and i'm good. If I chose the CF couch (which i like better), I dont have room for a floating shelf and need to buy a stand alone desk and not sure if it will look good in the room just up against the wall looking at the door and the window. Additionally, this couch has a tubular chome base which I do not want to accent. I want white washed wood. Thoughts on where to put the desk and if I can get try to "ignore" the chome?

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Diane Leone Design
    6 år sedan

From what I can see and what you are saying, I would go with the CF couch (chrome will not stand out with your whitewash as much as the dark legs on the RTG sofa, and I believe the best option is to add a stand-alone desk (open secretarial desk so it's not too visually heavy) behind the sectional, as suggested above, with it facing the window.

amy e thanked Diane Leone Design
  • amy e
    Författare
    6 år sedan

I was going to put the couch up against the window so the long side faced the TV and the chaise lounge would be up against the wall where the mirror is placed now. That doesn't allow me to put the desk behind the couch..unless i'm not getting something...

• amy e
    Författare
    6 år sedan

oh and Diane Leone Design...you guys have the best beach stuff in St. Augustine :)...i'm in south florida...so too far of a drive :)

• PRO
    Diane Leone Design
    6 år sedan

Thanks, Amy! I work with people all over the state and further! Contact me if you are looking for someone to work with you in selecting furnishings and I'm so glad you like our selections!

• sweetshome
    6 år sedan

Did you get the Wynn Sofa? I am interesting in getting that sofa and I would love to see how your place turned out.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.