rblankenship6

Adding runner in kitchen.

C Renee
6 år sedan
Is it ok to put a colorful oriental runner in a black and white kitchen? It has white cabinets, black countertops, and black white and gray backsplash with SSA. I’m in love with the Karastan Spice rugs.

Kommentarer (16)

• DLM2000-GW
    6 år sedan

Without seeing pictures of the kitchen or the rug it's hard to say 100% but it sounds lovely. Unless your backsplash and rug are both super busy and would compete with each other, that's about the only thing that might make it not work.

• C Renee
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    That’s what I’m worried about DLM because the backsplash is very busy.
  • REL0516
    6 år sedan

Do you have a picture of the rug so we can visualize it with the kitchen?

I am starting to think about runners as well :)

• hollybar
    6 år sedan

It will be fine. Which one of the Karastan Spice rugs?

• C Renee
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Couldn’t figure out how to get a photo of just the rug so here’s a screen shot of the bigger rug.
  • hollybar
    6 år sedan

Looks lovely. I use the Saigon one in the side mudroom in the winter. Cleans up beautifully.

• DLM2000-GW
    6 år sedan

C Renee you'll be fine. Your backsplash is busy but not crazy busy and the rug has a largish center field instead of an overall design. Great choice - looking forward to seeing it in place!

• User
    6 år sedan

omg stunning!

• C Renee
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Oh my Thanks Grover! I think it will look good!
  • PRO
    Master Tile Kitchen and Bath Design
    6 år sedan

Of course :)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

I hate mats in the kitchen they are tripping hazards, get dirty a lot and then . Can you wash the one you are looking at, I don’t think so

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

For this kitchen with cream cabinets I would choose a rug with warmer colors, i.e. more red in it. This is pretty but it looks a little cool in tone.

• C Renee
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    I would love more red! But this rug goes better with the teal dark walls in the dining area that opens to the kitchen.
  • C Renee
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    The more I look I think warmer colors might look better. I may look at some other Karastan colors.
  • C Renee
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Grover will you put this in my kitchen? Hopefully, you’ll see this post :))
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.