dianeyazzie

Front of Home Landscaping ideas to hide ugly A/C Unit

Diane Yazzie
6 år sedan

Hi, we own a 1920 1.5 story home with an ugly A/C unit in the front we cannot relocate. So I need some create DIY ideas for how to make it look prettier. I'd also like to know what color you think our front door should be for some added punch. I should add that the front faces East so only has morning filtered sun due to huge Maple that shades it.

Kommentarer (4)

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Expand that planting bed forward, following alongside the right side of the front steps. This creates a good spot in which to plant a shrub in front of the ac. (Make sure you make the bed large enough so that the new shrub is at least 5 feet from the ac.)

Haha! Who’s that waving from the window?

• PRO
    Red Berm
    6 år sedan

We put little fences (open grid) around our ac units out here in Los Angeles. You could paint it the same color of the house and then put a shrub in front of it.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    6 år sedan

There is a woman (WoodyOak) who frequently posts on the perennial forum who maintains a short blog for herself as a garden management tool. She has designed and built several garden structures, and here is the page that explains her ornamental enclosure for the air conditioner as well as how they modified it when they had to replace the unit with one that was taller. It's painted green to blend in with surrounding plants. The photos of the enclosure start with the fourth one.

Woodyoak's north alley air conditioner enclosure

• PRO
    Emerald Sod Farms
    6 år sedan

Hi,

I think you can add white color. Because white often makes our space more larger and airy.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.