madismom5

crown molding

madismom5
5 år sedan

Trying to update our house a little. It is 23 years old now. What do you think of crown molding in the family room?

many Thanks

Kommentarer (5)

• jmm1837
    5 år sedan
    Depends on the style of the house. Crown molding is great for more traditionsl homes but can look out of place with very contemporary ones. Why not post a photo of your room?
  • PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    5 år sedan

This is one of those questions that's especially tough to answer without any context. Even if you're planning to DIY the execution of the project, you would be well served paying for a 1 to 2 hour consultation by an interior designer. They will provide invaluable advice about what is appropriate given the size/style of your home, the budget and local/regional style preferences.

Best wishes for a successful project.

• PRO
    BMF Construction
    5 år sedan

Crown molding can be a very nice touch, but it does depend on the style of architecture (it may look out of place in a very modern home). Pictures of the rooms would help. You might want to look in Houzz for similar homes that have crown to get an idea (search under crown molding). Also, there are different styles, so some are traditional but there are more modern versions of crown molding that can work in later model homes.

• User
    5 år sedan

Update? In my opinion, crown molding is outdated.

• cat_ky
    5 år sedan

I dislike crown moulding. I pulled every bit of mine down, and bundled it all together and put it out in the rafters of the back shed. Someone else can put them back, if they choose too. This is the second house, I have pulled crown moulding off and stored it all away .

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.