jennifer_svensson59

Wall paint ideas for beige/walnut kitchen

Hi

im installing new kitchen cabinets in our open plan house. It’s IKEA voxtorp in walnut and high gloss beige. I want to paint the wall (just one) in a complementary color but can’t decide what I want. The island and base cabinets will be walnut, as well as all high cabinets. Wall cabinets will be a large rectangular module in high gloss beige. I’d like to tone down the beige and bring out the cooler mineral tones in the beige cabinets. The wall receives very little direct sunlight so color look more muted than in sunlight. Countertops will be white marble quartz with slight grey veining. The rest of the house will most likely be SW Zurich white.

Kommentarer (12)

• lucky998877
    5 år sedan

I think that a smokey blue could work nicely with both cabinet choices.

• Jennifer Svensson
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Yes, we’ve been thinking that too. Now, I always gravitate towards the dusky green blue hues or a moody blue but hubby prefers a softer blue/gray. I’ve been thinking a very pale aqua could be nice but it so hard...

• sloyder
    5 år sedan

maybe a light green color

• PRO
    Cheryl Draa Interior Designs
    5 år sedan

If you are brave, try purple.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år sedan

the bluer choices are much better as they meld w/the walnut. the greenish ones in the middle, do not work. it fights w/the cabinet color. now if you want to do a sage green, then yes

• Jennifer Svensson
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Hi, yes it’s a bolder color in some sense. Any specific paints you think would work? Would you go warmer or cooler? Here’s something purpleish

picked up, but that I find a little dull.

• Jennifer Svensson
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Oh yet! Thanks for all the advice! We actually decided on a color called ocean swell from Behr. Dark gray with some blue/green notes. We used Sherwin Williams paint though. That’s the dark square you can see on the wall. It’s beautiful, but thinking it’ll be too somber against the walnut..

. uh the confusion, lol.

• Jennifer Svensson
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Love the wrought iron. I’ll get a sample of it.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år sedan

yes, that blue is too gray and the wrong tone.

try Gentlemans gray, has more of the blue, less gray

• Bubble Fish
    5 år sedan

Did you get your kitchen finished? would love to see pics!

• Jennifer Svensson
    5 år sedan

We’ve made some progress but long way To go still. I’ll post some pics tomorrow

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.