kavita10

Ceiling for covered deck

kavita10
5 år sedan

Hi Everyone

Let me begin this discussion by declaring that I have no sense of design! I cannot undertake any home project without a designer and ideas from Houzz! Unfortunately our designer is unavailable right now. So I need HELP!!

We are building a covered deck in our backyard. A picture is attached. The ceiling will be in clear tongue and groove cedar.

The width of each deck board is

6 inches. We are wondering if the clear cedar ceiling should be 2 inches or 6 inches to match the deck. Also, which direction should the cedar run in - parallel or perpendicular to the deck boards? The picture is taken from our patio door. We chose to run the deck boards horizontally so the gaps would not be visible.

Any help will be most appreciated

Thank you!

Kommentarer (7)

• kavita10
    Författare
    5 år sedan

This is the picture

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    5 år sedan

2"

kavita10 thanked Yardvaark
  • kavita10
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Perpendicular to the deck board?

• PRO
    Bourke Construction Inc.
    5 år sedan

Ditto to previous comments,you can also stucco or use t 24 plywood boarding

or leave open provided undercarriage of deck has has acceptable finish

kavita10 thanked Bourke Construction Inc.
  • pricklypearcactus
    5 år sedan

In order to secure the ceiling boards, they have to be attached to the roof trusses. That means they have to run perpendicular to the trusses. In your case that's also perpendicular to the decking. If that bothers you, maybe you could run boards perpendicular to the trusses and then anchor the ceiling boards to those additional boards?

kavita10 thanked pricklypearcactus
  • kavita10
    Författare
    5 år sedan

I gather we can get our contractor to run them parallel or perpendicular. What looks better?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.